My Torque 371 has been wearing tires bad

Tronap

My Torque 371 has been wearing tires bad. Max weight is 17400 and it came with two 7000 lb axles. Is this the right size for the weight?
I have replaced the axles cause the camber was out Dexter would not cover the axles under warranty cause they said I over loaded the trailer. Dexter has a 5 year warranty on axles.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's easy for a manufacturer to claim foul without a lot of information. It's also easy to overload our trailers.
The only way to know who is right or wrong is to know the true traveling weight of our rigs.
Have you weighed your rig?
If not it might be a good idea to run over a CAT scale.
You're axles carry a combined weight of 14k, your max weight is 17,400 so that leaves a theoretical pin weight of 3,400. I know my actual pin weight is 3,500. So it sounds like your axles just barely fit the bill.
I'm no expert.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

rhodies1

When you replaced the axles did you upgrade the springs as well. If not your springs could be your issue. Each spring is rated for 3500 lbs. even though your axles are rated higher. Just a thought..

Routemaster

Something else have you checked your hangers from the king pin? mine are our out. I see on another RV forum that this guy welded the hole and moved it back to get the wet bolt in the correct position. If there off.. I reckon the trailer is trying to turn a corner going down the road scuffing the tyers. what do do you think?
Den.

Attachments

• Road side reading.JPG
    Road side reading.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • Road side reading.JPG
    Road side reading.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1