Neat Receipts Scanner

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a great product. It is the NEAT system. This system is a scanner (a small desktop type or a portable one) and the software. What make this system is the software. This Neat system (you may have seen it on TV) has software that is simple to use and you use it to organize your receipts, contacts, and documents. It will also produce graphs and charts to help you easily keep track of your finances and other paper work. What makes it good for the RVer is it is small, light and once the paperwork (receipt, business card or document) is scanned you can throw it away or file it away and your papers are all organized. I use it in our business and home. It is somewhat pricey but in my opinion worth the price. You can find it online or at most Office supply stores. Just a product review no personal interest in the product.

jbeletti

Neat

I use the same small scanner. I keep it in the RV along with a portable HP printer. Works for me :)

ILH

Re: Neat

I use it too. I got mine through Costco. The best part of it is that it doesn't require a separate power source (it is powered through the USB cable).

DuaneG

I thought about using that in the past but already had a scanner and a copy of adobe acrobat pro. The software let's me scan any document and file it electronically. Just wanted to mention it in case you wanted to try something else.

I have seen so many people go digital while saving documents and photos. It does save space and makes it accessible on the go. Just don't forget to back up everything to a portable drive or off site data center.

I have worked many years in the data recovery field and have seen people cry because of a hardware or software failure that caused them to lose important family photos or documents.

Sent from my cell phone. Please forgive typos and spelling errors.

danemayer

Just don't forget to back up everything to a portable drive or off site data center.

I'm primarily using Evernote for off-site backup. It also syncs to all my devices including phones and iPad.

The Fujitsu S1500 Scanner is fairly small when closed up, handles multi-page documents, both sides simultaneously, and also does photos. Best of all, it integrates with Evernote.

Pricey, yes, but if you're going to scan a lot of documents, you may want some advanced capabilities.

beasleyrl

...It is somewhat pricey but in my opinion worth the price...
I just invested in this too but went a slightly different route. On Neat's website, you can actually buy just the software for $80. If you already have a scanner or MFP, that may be all you need. They list a few scanners that are compatible and my Canon was close so I thought I would take a chance and try it. It did work. In addition, I found that as long as your scanner will scan to a basic pdf, you can simply drag the pdf into Neat. With that, you can use virtually any scanner or pdf source.