need lippert rear stabilizer manual override crank solutions

myla296

Hi, this got me pretty close to a solution but since I'm leaving for my place of residence next week, I'm hoping for other solutions people have used to fit an apparatus to the end of the stabilizer. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...-rear-scissor-stabilizers?p=437571#post437571

Thing is, the rear stabilizers worked earlier today and am honestly just wanting the quick solution of manual override. However, we don't see any breakers tripped or fuses popped that indicate anything other than motor failure. (The dealer did replace it but based on our observations of the fact that when it worked, he had the wiring backwards so that it would extend when you were pushing toward retract, our confidence is low in the work done to replace it).

Taking any ideas, this is on a 2010 road warrior 36'. Thanks in advance!

danemayer

First thing to do is check the voltage at the switch to see if power is getting that far. You should see 12V all the time on one terminal on the switch. When you press the switch, you should see 12V on other terminals. If you've got voltage going through the switch, there's likely a problem with the motor. If no power to the switch, go back near the battery and look at the 12V DC mini-circuit breakers. There's probably a 20 or 30 amp breaker there that feeds power to the stabilizer.

Attachments

• DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 7

myla296

First thing to do is check the voltage at the switch to see if power is getting that far. You should see 12V all the time on one terminal on the switch. When you press the switch, you should see 12V on other terminals. If you've got voltage going through the switch, there's likely a problem with the motor. If no power to the switch, go back near the battery and look at the 12V DC mini-circuit breakers. There's probably a 20 or 30 amp breaker there that feeds power to the stabilizer.

I'll try that right now, thanks! (You must feel really sorry for me... All of the times I've needed help... And there you are, yay again :) thanks! I'll have to do good news posts when I get to my destination so that you can be proud, lol)

myla296

Thanks to you Dan I went outside and touched the wiring to the motor since I noticed that the splicing to replace the motor wasn't very tight, so I squeezed it a little and it suddenly worked. This leads me to a side note about not relying on "professionals". :/ thanks again and again... I'll still need a manual override solution. BTW, stay posted for a video of my legs extending when I'm pushing retract. (Again, professional work)

danemayer

I think if you swap the wires on the middle terminals on the switch, it'll probably extend when you press to extend and retract when you press to retract.

As for the manual override, there was a hand crank in the pass through storage compartment of our trailer. It's about 3 feet long. The previous owner may have tucked it away somewhere not obvious.

wdk450

You can get or make a socket with a slot that chucks on a battery operated drill to run the rear stabilizers "manually".