New 4200 Owner with Questions

TXGYPC

I'm a new to full time rv'er & owner of a 4200 ... Overall loving my cowgirl cottage, 2 weeks in ... Easy to hook up, pull, unhook & set up alone ;). Love the quality, efficiency, mobile life & am getting organized ... 1st issues to solve tho & 700 miles from my dealer, looking for your input if you've got a helpful hint ... My central vac won't come on, there has to be a reset, but can't find it .. Ck'd fuses, breakers, gfi's, power in basement works fine, just vac unit not working. Also on rear patio screen doors - there are plastic sheets that Velcro on but don't stay - self stick tape & Velcro not holding up to 104 degrees or humidity. Would like to strip tape & replace with maybe a plexiglass sheet for more secure & stable "window" ... Has anyone else done something different? Would like to use garage as office when I am parked & need power to the table for computer & printer without stringing across the floor from the ceiling. Oh and dealer told me my rv only came with 2 locking screws for the railing system ... Yet both patios have holes for 2 where the gates meet ... Making me think there should be 4. Did you get 2 or 4? Thanks for your help! TXGYPC

jimtoo

HI TXGYPC,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully you will get some help with answers from some of our other members soon about your Cyclone.

On your vacuum did you check the plug to make sure it was plugged in and turned on?

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

scottyb

TXGYPC, congrats on your new 4200. As Jim mentioned, the vacuum plugs into a receptacle behind the basement wall. You have to remove 4 - 6 screws to get back there. If it has never worked, it could be unplugged. My 4100 came with 2 screws for one patio so it would seem appropriate that there would be 4 for 2 patios. Call Heartland and I bet they will send them to you. My dealer pulled the same stunt over table tops, and Heartland sent them to me.

BLHFUN

Yes, you get 4 screws for the patios. On my unit, two screws were next to the stereo cabinet and two were in the blue bag with the remotes. Reminder that you don't have to take it back 700 miles to your dealer for warranty work. Most RV service centers can and will do your work, they just have to call heartland and get to repairs approved first. I've haven't had any issues with the tape on the windows or the VAC system, but will dig around tomorrow while I'm packing. I'm doing the same thing in the garage as an office, but haven't figured out the power either. It's on the list!

Congrats on the purchase.