New AC Unit from Dometic?!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Saw this today....

Keystone Fuzion and Dometic recently introduced the Fuzion Omni Chill Super High-Efficiency A/C system.

“Omni Chill will completely change the way customers feel about RV air-conditioning,” said Fuzion Product Manager Jeremiah Dumka. “Camping in the desert heat? Florida in July? Fuzion has you covered. The all new Omni Chill Three-Quarter-Plus Ton A/C system delivers 50 percent more cooling power than any other towable RV on the market. This is accomplished by the advanced technology which enables all three air-conditioners to run at the same time, making the all new Fuzion toy haulers the ‘coolest’ units out there.”

Omni Chill was developed in partnership with Dometic to take advantage of that supplier’s high-efficiency fans and compressors. Unlike current three A/C set ups, Omni Chill makes it possible for all three compressors to operate at the same time.

“We worked closely with Keystone engineers and the Fuzion product team to make this breakthrough system a reality,” said Mike Boyer, Dometic national accounts manager. “In high ambient temperatures Omni Chill lowered the interior temperature dramatically below that achieved by conventional systems. This will make a significant difference in keeping customers cool and comfortable in hot climates.”

Fuzion dealer Holiday World noted that the Omni Chill system will be a major selling feature to the Sun Belt dealer’s customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sounds like the cooling gain is from adding a 3rd AC unit and being able to run 3 at the same time. Like on a LM 365 or Cyclone with Power Control System.

TravelTiger

There is another line in the rv business version of this story: unlike current three AC setups that rely on an energy management system to cycle one of the three AC compressors--cutting off and on to balance the electrical load-- Omni Chill makes it possible for all three compressors to operate at the same time.

Is this what Landmark and Cyclone do?

danemayer

There is another line in the rv business version of this story: unlike current three AC setups that rely on an energy management system to cycle one of the three AC compressors--cutting off and on to balance the electrical load-- Omni Chill makes it possible for all three compressors to operate at the same time.

Is this what Landmark and Cyclone do?

Landmark and Cyclone will run all 3 at the same time if you're not using too much power on other things.

If you redesign the A/C unit to produce the same BTU rating with less watts being consumed, you have a pretty good invention. But the marketing speak used suggests otherwise.
Omni Chill was developed in partnership with Dometic to take advantage of that supplier’s high-efficiency fans and compressors. Unlike current three A/C set ups, Omni Chill makes it possible for all three compressors to operate at the same time.

Note that it doesn't claim that Dometic has a new higher efficiency fan or compressor that uses less power. I'd think if it really was a new invention, they'd be clearer.

TravelTiger

Landmark and Cyclone will run all 3 at the same time if you're not using too much power on other things.

If you redesign the A/C unit to produce the same BTU rating with less watts being consumed, you have a pretty good invention. But the marketing speak used suggests otherwise.

Note that it doesn't claim that Dometic has a new higher efficiency fan or compressor that uses less power. I'd think if it really was a new invention, they'd be clearer.

Dan, you are probably right. The fanciful word-smithing got to me.

They are claiming it is "industry exclusive" in some marketing on Facebook.

I'd love to see it operational in person, here in Texas when it's 100+!

farside291

I believe I read about those new AC's in the latest Trailer Life magazine. Had me thinking if I could add one where the Fantastic Fan is in the kitchen???

TravelTiger

I believe I read about those new AC's in the latest Trailer Life magazine. Had me thinking if I could add one where the Fantastic Fan is in the kitchen???

Sounds like a plan, test it out and let us know! Melting Texans want to know!!!

pegmikef

A little off the subject, but when I was in Oklahoma City, my living room A/C died, so I had a local mobile tech (OK RV Repair, highly recommended if you are in the area) replace the OEM installed Dometic, with a new Dometic 15K BTU unit. I thought this would be just a simple one for one replacement, but the new unit is 1) seems to have a much greater cooling capacity producing much cooler air 2) is much quieter than the older unit and 3) has quite a bit more air flow from the distant most vents (bedroom) than the older unit. I don't know whether the other one was not installed correctly or that Dometic has made great improvements to their product in the last four years. I do know that Carl did spend quite a bit of time applying wide aluminum tape all around the bonnet joining the top unit that wasn't there with the OEM installed unit.

I can't say too much good about Carl and his OK RV Repair Service. I called him at around two pm, he came out at about five and we agreed that the old A/C was beyond repair. By 11:30 the next morning he had installed and tested the new one. His service is pretty well equipped to do almost any job on site.

avvidclif

I re-arranged the AC wiring in mine and when on 50a can run all three at the same time along with WH, fridge, and the usual stuff. Problem is , that's a big old cave to cool off in the summer. 7 1/2' tall by 8' wide by 18' long. Plus the kitchen on the end.