New and Excited to be Here! 2017 Bighorn 3585rl.

Bookoo

After searching, for two years for out dream RV and truck, two weeks ago we purchased our truck and 5 days ago our beautiful Bighorn 5th wheel. Also, I retired 10 days ago making it quite a memorable couple of weeks.
Debbie, my amazing, gorgeous wife of 34 years, Ruby our miniature Blue Heeler and myself have traveled the western states looking at every make and model known to man. We thought we knew what wanted until we walked into our first Bighorn. Being told that I am a bit of a anal perfectionist, I was amazed at the quality workmanship with attention to detail that made it hard for me to pick anything apart. While traveling to Portland Or, I was able to crawl under the floor of a 3585rl while the basement cargo walls were removed. After inspecting all the units, fittings, connectors that most folks never see, I went up into the unit to express my amazement to my wife when before I could get a word out she looked at me with a look that stopped me in my tracks and said, "This is what I want". Needless to say, the search was over. We ordered and picked it up 5 days ago.
Towed it home on a two day 370 mile stress free trip. Had the Duratain protectant done in my shop and purchased the Easy Care extended warranty. Can't wait to get on the road exploring, but I made a promise to get the yard and landscaping done before considering any trips.
We are looking forward to exploring North America and meeting our RV family. Thanks to all that will further educate us through this amazing forum.

Kip, Debbie, and Ruby Marie our perfect travel companion.

2017 Bighorn 3585rl
2017 Ford F350 6.7 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab SRW
Curt A20 hitch with factory prep

jimtoo

Hi Bookoo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new BH and welcome to the Heartland Forum and family. Make sure to check out the owners club. You'll meet a lot of great people who share your passion for the RV lifestyle and make friends for life. We try to schedule our trips around rallies throughout the US just to break up the trip and visit. Again, congrats and enjoy your new rig. Hope to see you down the road.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Congratulations! Be sure to check out the Events tab on the forum pages and the Heartland Owners Club to see if they are something you might be interested in.

Kristy

After searching, for two years for out dream RV and truck, two weeks ago we purchased our truck and 5 days ago our beautiful Bighorn 5th wheel. Also, I retired 10 days ago making it quite a memorable couple of weeks.
Debbie, my amazing, gorgeous wife of 34 years, Ruby our miniature Blue Heeler and myself have traveled the western states looking at every make and model known to man. We thought we knew what wanted until we walked into our first Bighorn. Being told that I am a bit of a anal perfectionist, I was amazed at the quality workmanship with attention to detail that made it hard for me to pick anything apart. While traveling to Portland Or, I was able to crawl under the floor of a 3585rl while the basement cargo walls were removed. After inspecting all the units, fittings, connectors that most folks never see, I went up into the unit to express my amazement to my wife when before I could get a word out she looked at me with a look that stopped me in my tracks and said, "This is what I want". Needless to say, the search was over. We ordered and picked it up 5 days ago.
Towed it home on a two day 370 mile stress free trip. Had the Duratain protectant done in my shop and purchased the Easy Care extended warranty. Can't wait to get on the road exploring, but I made a promise to get the yard and landscaping done before considering any trips.
We are looking forward to exploring North America and meeting our RV family. Thanks to all that will further educate us through this amazing forum.

Kip, Debbie, and Ruby Marie our perfect travel companion.

2017 Bighorn 3585rl
2017 Ford F350 6.7 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab SRW
Curt A20 hitch with factory prep
.................congrats guys,,thats a killer setup...what color is your truck..we too just bought a blk 2017 f350 with 35 options and a 2017 bighorn 3585 rl tailer with 20 options...got to do us forever...welove the trailer,,got the yeti package too,,great,warm ,cozy...enjoy,,maybe meet up down the road,,am reading here on how to hook up the fact rear high mounted camera...enjoy,,bill and sally

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on retiring, the truck and the new 3585RL Kip and Debbie! What an exciting time you guys are having. We can't wait until we get to retire!

We look forward to meeting you both at a Rally in the near future. Be sure to check out the upcoming rallies in the Pacific Region under the events tab. We have some pretty spectacular events coming up.

Rod

Bookoo

.................congrats guys,,thats a killer setup...what color is your truck..we too just bought a blk 2017 f350 with 35 options and a 2017 bighorn 3585 rl tailer with 20 options...got to do us forever...welove the trailer,,got the yeti package too,,great,warm ,cozy...enjoy,,maybe meet up down the road,,am reading here on how to hook up the fact rear high mounted camera...enjoy,,bill and sally
Thanks Bill. Our F350 is Magnetic Metalic (Dark Grey). We buttoned up our home for the winter and took off October 15th. We spent two weeks in the Mesquite / Vegas area followed by spending the month of November on the Colorado River below Laughlin. We spent December in Palm Springs, leaving there to spend a month in Phoenix. February had us in Tucson leaving there March 1 to our current destination of San Antonio. We leave Sunday for a week in New Orleans followed by 3 days in Memphis and a week in Nashville. Then we start our slow trek home heading to Branson and up through the bad lands and home to northern Idaho.
You have so much to look forward to and as first timers, every day will be different than the past. We wish you well and safe travels. You have an amazing set up and we have not had a single problem with either unit. Contact me anytime if you have questions or concerns. Kip and Debbie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bookoo

Congratulations on retiring, the truck and the new 3585RL Kip and Debbie! What an exciting time you guys are having. We can't wait until we get to retire!

We look forward to meeting you both at a Rally in the near future. Be sure to check out the upcoming rallies in the Pacific Region under the events tab. We have some pretty spectacular events coming up.

Rod
Hi Rod,
Thanks for the wishes. We are scheduled to be at the Kennewick rally in May. Hope to see you the there. We love your posts on the forum btw. Dilly Dilly.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hi Rod,
Thanks for the wishes. We are scheduled to be at the Kennewick rally in May. Hope to see you the there. We love your posts on the forum btw. Dilly Dilly.

Dilly Dilly!! We will definitely see you guys in Kennewick! We look forward to it!

Rod