New Member/Owner/Glamper Checking In

Elkridge1

2016 Elkridge E22, first camper (therefore "Elkridge1"), know nothing about anything to do with this thing. The wife wanted to travel, "go West", and the dog doesn't do well in motels, so sold the Subaru (best car I ever owned), bought a truck and sometime soon we'll be heading to TX, or UT, or maybe both. I don't know - kind of apprehensive about the whole deal. First trip will be to the GA Mountain Fairgrounds to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, so that will be fun. Anyone else out there have one of these E22s? Just a feeling, but I may have a few questions pretty soon. Later...

jimtoo

Hi Elkridge1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest that before you just take off on a trip that you set it up in driveway or somewhere close to home and just camp for a few days and try everything out. You will find lots of things that you forgot or don't know how to make it work. Then you can correct what ever is needed or missing and not take a chance on ruining your trip. We have lots of great folks here and all you need to do is ask for help and someone will jump in with answers or suggestions.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

mlpeloquin

For some information on general stuff, plumbing, electrical etc., there are well written by Heartland owners manuals on almost everything. Go up to the top screen under tools and select Heartland User Guides, (HUG). Also there are Heartland Owners Manuals, (HOM). Do check them out and download them to read. You can do a search on a topic. Most things that happen and solutions have been posted. Some are covered in the user guides and manuals.

HUG: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides
HOM: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/

Oh, and welcome.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats on the new ElkRidge. We love ours. Any questions, just ask away.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! We loved our ElkRidge! Welcome to the Heartland family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wecome to the forum and to the Heartland family.

We have a Heartland Prowler, which is a sister to the Elkridge line, and we love it!

As Jim said, before you go on a long haul it is a good idea to try it out near home to find out any issues, and to just get used to it.

And also think about the Heartland Owner's Club (HOC).

We attended a Colorado HOC Rally last weekend and we leave in 10 days to go to Las Vegas to attend the HOC National Rally.

They are a blast!

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the family! We have a 2016 Bighorn 3160 EL and love it. As others have said, join the club and go to a few rallies. It's a lot of fun. We are still learning things about our rig after almost a year. If you have any questions, just ask. There are so many people that have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help newbies like us!

Karen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk