New Members from Chesapake Va

jddelano

Hi everyone: don't yet own a Heartland as we are currently in the research phase. We're focusing on the Landmark or a Big Horn as they seem to offer a good value.

We have a 2014 Ram 3500 DRW, 6.7 Cummings, 4x4, 4.1 with Air Lift--so I think we are good to go with the TV but need the 5thWheel.

Up till now, we've been camping using a Popup and are ready to take the plunge into something bigger. We are retired military (USN) and are still working. Charlotte is a native Hawaiian and I'm originally from northern Vermont/New Hampshire area so we compromised and are now residing in Chesapeake VA.

I've been reading this forum as a guest for about a year now and have gotten quite an education reading the modifications/fixes the members of this forum have provided. Noticed also the family-like atmosphere the members have so we decided to become a member.

Look forward to meeting some of you down the road at the rallies (once we have our Heartland).

Have a blessed day.
Dave & Charlotte

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Welcome. Definitely join the owners club when you get your RV. There's a large number of members from the VA Beach/Norfork/Suffolf/Chesapeake area. Our new state chapter leader is from that area also.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Welcome. Definitely join the owners club when you get your RV. There's a large number of members from the VA Beach/Norfork/Suffolf/Chesapeake area. Our new state chapter leader is from that area also.
Dave & Charlotte, glad to hear you are close to buying a Heartland. I know you'll love whatever you purchase. Carol and I live in the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake. We are on our third Landmark and have been very happy with each of our rigs. As Gus suggested, as soon as you get your new Landmark or Big Horn, be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club. Great group of people, always willing to answer questions, make suggestions, and lend a helping hand.

Carol and I have just taken over as the Virginia Chaper Leaders for the owners club and would love to see you at one of our rallies. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to "walk through" a Landmark, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to show you ours. Glad to have you on-board.

jddelano

Dave,

You have a great Heartland dealer in Chesapeake - Chesapeake RV Solutions is owned by a retired Navy Seal - Tim is an honest guy and easy to do business with.

Mike
Hi Mike: I've visited Chesapeake RV Solutions twice now--nice folks there! Don't remember any heartlands there when we last visited (mostly Keystone)--nice to know the owner is retired navy, will mention that next time I stop by as they are only a few miles down the road from us.

If my DW has anything to do with it, our first 5th wheel outing will be to Myrtle Beach, SC. We've been married for 35 years and I think I've heard, "Let's go to Myrtle Beach" every year of our marriage! You think I would have gotten smarter by now and made it a point to visit there to alleviate the pain.:)

Anyways, thanks for the info and appreciate the welcome.
Dave

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Welcome Dave and Charlotte, you are joining a wonderful group of friends. Dorothy and I just retired as Virginia Chapter Leaders, but we really encourage you to join the Club once you have your Heartland rig. We recently purchased our third Heartland, opting this time for the Landmark Orlando. As Club members you will be able to enjoy all of the Heartland rallies held throughout our great country. Keep an eye out for the South Carolina Chapter rally as it has often been held at our around Myrtle Beach. You will find whole new adventures in much greater comfort than your popup ever could. In your search for your Bighorn or Landmark, be sure to also check with McGeorge's RV in Ashland ,Virginia. They are good to work with and have given some very good deals. They are also active supporters of Heartland and especially the Virginia Chapter. We look forward to meeting you at a rally in the near future.

jddelano

Dave & Charlotte, glad to hear you are close to buying a Heartland. I know you'll love whatever you purchase. Carol and I live in the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake. We are on our third Landmark and have been very happy with each of our rigs. As Gus suggested, as soon as you get your new Landmark or Big Horn, be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club. Great group of people, always willing to answer questions, make suggestions, and lend a helping hand.

Carol and I have just taken over as the Virginia Chapter Leaders for the owners club and would love to see you at one of our rallies. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like to "walk through" a Landmark, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to show you ours. Glad to have you on-board.

Hi Keith and Carol:

Sent a reply to your post earlier today but it never made it into the forum. Anyways, I plan to join the Owners Club and participate when we get our RV (assuming it's a LM/BH) and glad to hear your the new Virginia Chapter Leader as I have seen a lot of posts from you on this forum.

I was hoping I would hear from you (your signature is the only one I've seen from Chesapeake) as it would be nice to know someone with a 5th wheel in the area. All our friends in my area who RV own motor homes vice 5th wheels so it's hard to compare apples-to-apples when your talking to someone who owns a grapefruit. I appreciate your gracious invitation and will take you up on the "walk through"--got some questions that's for sure. I'll send you a PM sometime soon.

Wow, your on your third LM! I'd just like one.:) It's been hard to pick a single LM floor plan. Personally, I liked the kitchen layout of the Ashland (lots of cabinet space), but don't know if I'd like the split bathroom. I'm probably wrong, but the other LM models don't seem to have the kitchen storage that the Ashland has but just relying on floor plans and YouTube walk-thru videos is challenging so we're planning on visiting the Heartland dealers up near Richmond and Ashland, VA to get a better idea and perhaps attend an RV show or two over the winter.

Thanks for the welcomes -- I think we're officially on-board now. Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the forum. Keep an eye out to see when, and where, the next VA rally is going to be held and go visit. It's a great way to see other Heartland Owners and see how much fun we have. Good luck on your adventure of finding that new condo on wheels.

jddelano

... Keep an eye out for the South Carolina Chapter rally as it has often been held at our around Myrtle Beach.

Thanks Dorthy and Eric: All I can say is my wife must have put you up to those encouraging words about Myrtle Beach. WRT McGeorge's, we plan to visit McGeorge's this fall along with the RVOutlet in Ashland. Thanks for the welcome. Dave

mlburst1