New members from Huntsville, AL

Nlambert

Hello all,

After a long stint where my wife and I got out of camping we have finally bit the bullet and purchased another. Our last TT was a 2010 Jayco Jayflight bunkhouse that we pulled with a 2005 Avalanche. With really young kids and busy careers it spent most of its time in the back yard so we sold it. Now that the kids are older and we do more things outside (mainly offroading in our 2016 Polaris XP4 1000 RZR) we have decided that a camper would be nice to have for those long weekends to offroad parks.

We began our search for a toyhauler and eventually decided that we need living space more than a garage and decided to look into rear living models. When we need the RZR, the wife will tow it with her Expedition, but most times we will just be camping. On Friday, we signed paperwork and we take delivery this coming Friday. Now, on to the good stuff.

Tow Rig -
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab diesel
Full deletes
Carli adjustable track bar
Evergreen steering box brace
Bilstein mono steering dampner
Airlift Loadlifter 5000 air bags (installing next week)
B&W Companion 5th wheel

Fith wheel-
2013 Heartland Prowler 31PRET

I've got tons of questions regarding upgrades we intend to make asap but I am doing my best to research prior to asking questions. Looking forward to many years of camping!

danemayer

Hi NLambert,

Congratulations on the new Prowler and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We love to see pictures and read about mods, so feel free to post yours - even if they're similar to someone else's mods. And if you'd like to see a lengthy list from one owner, here's a link to an index that might give you some ideas.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on your purchase. This is a great forum ,make sure to join HOC. We live in Windemere cove in Langston,AL, it is a great RV resort and only a hour from Huntsville. If you come over,we are in lot 7,stop by and say HI. Frank

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new Prowler, welcome to the forum and to the family. Lots of minor issues that will annoy you can be caught and addressed at acceptance. Take your time and go over the rig closely. Make sure to check out the HOC. Possibly the best benefit of owning a HL rig. You've found the right place for your questions here. Don't be a stranger and hope to meet you down the road.

Nlambert

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Congrats on your new Prowler, welcome to the forum and to the family. Lots of minor issues that will annoy you can be caught and addressed at acceptance. Take your time and go over the rig closely. Make sure to check out the HOC. Possibly the best benefit of owning a HL rig. You've found the right place for your questions here. Don't be a stranger and hope to meet you down the road.

Is there a list somewhere that might give me an idea of minor issues to look for at acceptance? I'm not new to camping, but I am new to the Heartland brand.