New Owner (2012 Cyclone 3010 toyhauler)

Hello I am new to RVing and to cyclone. I have just purchased a brand new 2012 Heartland CYCLONE 3010 toyhauler. We love the new trailer and are looking forward to camping in our new part time home. I do have one question. Is there a way to level the trailer with out useing a bunch of blocks under the tires. it seems that all the jacks on it, do not level the trailer but rather just lift straight up regardless of the angle. Am I missing something? I know there has to be an easier way.

jimtoo

Hi ssj_johnson07,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't own a Cyclone, but don't think the you have the auto level hydraulic system on the Cyclone... may have been available by special order. So it is necessary to use blocks under the tires to level it sideways. I think there are options to get a auto level system installed by a couple of different companies. Your dealer should have given you a good PDI and shown you how to use all the equipment and options.

I'm sure some other owners will jump in and help out also. Also think about joining the Heartland Owners Club that has many benefits.

Enjoy the forum and your new Cyclone.

Jim M

sdrubrecht

Congrats on the new Clone. We love ours. Without an auto level option, your're stuck with blocks. We dont have an auto option either. I made a ramp out of 2x10 lumber just long enough to fit in my short bed. One full length, then 1 two thirds, then 1 one third long, all screwed together so one end is 1 high and the other end is 3 high. Simple to place on the low side and drive up on till level. Works well in soft sand and gravel. I have one of those big levels mounted on the pinbox that I can see from the cab. Takes no time at all.

dbhutchins

I tried the "ramp" approach, and finally decided small blocks under each tire were the easiest solution. They're easier to handle and don't require so much fore and aft movement. Put one block in front of each tire, and drive up on 'em. If that's not enough, put 2 blocks behind each tire, and back up onto those. If it's STILL not level, put 3 in front of each tire and drive forward onto those. If that's still not enough, find another campsite! Fore and aft leveling is done with the front jacks AFTER the side-to side is done, and AFTER you've unhitched. Once level both ways, drop the rear jacks to make firm contact and you're home!

porthole

Retired
Put one block in front of each tire, and drive up on 'em. If that's not enough, put 2 blocks behind each tire, and back up onto those. If it's STILL not level, put 3 in front of each tire and drive forward onto those. If that's still not enough, find another campsite! Fore and aft leveling is done with the front jacks AFTER the side-to side is done, and AFTER you've unhitched. Once level both ways, drop the rear jacks to make firm contact and you're home!

Sometime simple is better. Never thought of this method when I had my "ramps".