new owner of a 2011 heartland elkridge???

dalethom

I live in Canada and me and my wife just purchased a new 2011 "discover Canada rv" Regal River ER 35QSQB which turns out to be a Heartland ElkRidge ER 35QSQB with diferent decals put on the outside and some added options for canadian climates but otherwise identical. Turns out that discover canada rv gets heartland to make them and ships them into Canada and sells them under their name. We love the unit and cant wait to start using it in the summer at out lake lot!!! Its good to hear so many good things about Heartland products on these forums and else where on the web, this will be our first Heartland product and is a huge upgrade from our 2002 terry 30.5 bhs 5th wheel :). Gonna have to talk to my dealer more to see if it is actually heartland that handles the warranty. We got a amazing deal on the unit too 11k of list price cause it was last years model!!

jimtoo

Hi dalethom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Jim M

PeternLiane

Congratulations!!!!! It's a great unit. Sounds like you're going to have some great adventures at the lake and thay received a really good deal.

JJOren

Hiya Dalethom!

Congrats on the new rig!!! We had an Elkridge before we bought our Landmark. Absolutely great unit. You will really have a great time in that!!!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi dalethom,

Welcome to the forum!

Be sure to post pics, we'd love to see our Canadian cousin! Please tell us about the "added options for canadian climates" as well.

Erika

jbeletti

Congrats on your RV purchase dalethom. These units indeed are produced by Heartland for Discover Canada. Warranty is provided by Discover Canada. Heartland is there OEM only.

Happy camping!

Jim

dalethom

Finished the deal today but of course we are getting slammed with the biggest snow fall of the winter, was looking forward to taking possession next week but looks more like a month at least before I can get it to my lake lot so it will be sitting at the dealer till then. Found out that heartland is in fact the 1 year warranty holders on the unit and not discover Canada rv which makes me fell more comfortable with my purchase!!! I'll get some pictures up when the weather is better.

jbeletti

I checked with the factory and learned that Heartland no longer builds RVs for Discover Canada and we've taken over warranty responsibility for Discover Canada units that have warranty remaining.

Jim

dalethom

So i have a situation with my new 5th wheel....I went to the dealership to just get some measurements for the beds and they had closed the unit up so i they had one of their lot guys come to open it up for me because it had no battery. He started opening up the back slides and the rear bunk slide caught on the bathroom door(which I guess they left open when they closed the unit up) as he was putting it out and did alot of damage to the left slide(pulled out the wood moulding inside around the slide frame and the outside body was damaged...) We havent even done our walkthrough yet as we havent taken delivery but all the paperwork is finalized on the unit. The guy didnt even say sorry but did lecture me on leaving the bathroom door open which just ****ed me off even more. They did say they would fix it before we did our walkthough. I m a little worried about structural damage to the slide and i guess what im asking is what i should do, i would request a different trailer but its the only one they have in this model. Is this something i should be worried about??? I do know i am ****ed off at the situation, i bought this trailer new and i dont really want a repaired trailer, i might as well have bought used. The outside of the slide that normally looks like this "______ "looked like this when it happened \_____/ and was pushed out more on the right side then the left. Im going to talk to them today, neither the salesman or the manager was in when it happened.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: what should i do.....

Sounds to me that the dealership has a problem. As far as the damage, if they replace all the damaged parts with new. Then you should be good to go. I would bet that everybody has had this happen by leaving a door or cupboard door open. I know I have. Always keep this incident in mind before you open any slide. BTW, good luck with a resolution.

dalethom

Ya i had a friend who did the same thing on his 5th wheel. I did try opening the washroom door to check too before he started but it was locked and figured since they closed it up it would be fine cause they would know about it, guess i was wrong in that assumption. Thanks for the advice though its appreciated!

GOTTOYS

I wouldn't worry about any structural damage. Just make sure it's fixed to your satisfaction before you take delivery on it. I bet almost everybody has done something like that once or at least had a close call...Don