No furnace on thermostat [Solved]

travlingman

Could be I have lost my mind, or maybe the thermostat has. Went to turn the furnace on, and I have no furnace selection on my thermostat. It is model CCC2. Turn the power on the thermostat on, then go through the cycle mode. The choices that show up are AC, fan and off. No furnace. Also in zone 1. I know I am using the correct thermostat, in living area, have used for the last 5 years.

So, have I grown senile and not doing something right to call up the furnace option? Checked fuse, good. Any ideas?

2PawsRiver

Re: No furnace on thermostat

Bear in mind that I am a rookie......we have a 4270 with three AC Unit and three thermostats or controls......the bedroom thermostat is the only one that has the heat option on it an controls our furnace.....hope that helps, it not, hope you figure it out. :)

danemayer

Has the cover been off the thermostat? I think there may be configuration dip switches that determine what shows up on the menu. Switch #8 is for furnace.

Also, make sure you're not in a Program mode that might not include furnace operation. If "Prog x" shows up in the bottom right of the display, someone has created a program.

travlingman

No programs showing up, I also did a reset. Have pulled cover off, but just see where the cord plugs into board. Do I need to take the board out of the cover as I see no switches?

carl.swoyer

Has the cover been off the thermostat? I think there may be configuration dip switches that determine what shows up on the menu. Switch #8 is for furnace.

Also, make sure you're not in a Program mode that might not include furnace operation. If "Prog x" shows up in the bottom right of the display, someone has created a program.
Dane is it possible to have the furnace show up on both thermostats?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

No programs showing up, I also did a reset. Have pulled cover off, but just see where the cord plugs into board. Do I need to take the board out of the cover as I see no switches?
I'm afraid I don't have the CCC II, so I don't know. There are 3 possible locations: in the thermostat assembly somewhere, in the primary A/C unit, or in the control box that is sometimes located below the primary A/C unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Dane is it possible to have the furnace show up on both thermostats?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Might be an interesting project. To start, you'd have to add wiring between the 2nd thermostat and the control box that has the furnace relay. You might need some isolation between the 2 thermostats, or a switch so that they're not both trying to operate the furnace at the same time. If you just tied the 2 thermostats wires together, I'm not sure what results you would get.

travlingman

I am betting AC unit. I had the roof replaced this summer and this is the first time I have needed the furnace. I would bet it wasn't hooked back up correctly.

jbeletti

Generally speaking, for the Dometic AC units that use the CCC2 thermostat, the system configuration DIP switches are located in the rooftop unit inside the Electronic Control Box.

This picture may represent yours.
6ddb318cace7fd733c794bb9b8c26462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travlingman

Thanks for the help everyone. Going home tomorrow and call dealer and let them fix their mistake.

travlingman

Generally speaking, for the Dometic AC units that use the CCC2 thermostat, the system configuration DIP switches are located in the rooftop unit inside the Electronic Control Box.

This picture may represent yours.
6ddb318cace7fd733c794bb9b8c26462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After looking, would like to check this myself. Where do I find this box. I assume go to roof, take AC cover off. Is the box setting out in open, or do I need to take the AC apart. As far as the switches, are they visible when I locate box, or would I need to remove cover?

jbeletti

After looking, would like to check this myself. Where do I find this box. I assume go to roof, take AC cover off. Is the box setting out in open, or do I need to take the AC apart. As far as the switches, are they visible when I locate box, or would I need to remove cover?

Usually a silver metal box. May need a 1/4" nut driver or a small adjustable wrench to remove a screw holding the cover of the box on. Been a while since I seen one.

Remove the cover, DIP switches should be inside. This is all from memory. From a long time ago. Might be a little off :)

travlingman

Just got off roof. Yep, they had turned the furnace off. Found the swith, flipped on, checked thermostat, furnace now showing.

Thanks all.