Norcold 1210 - Stops working after Defrost Cycle

Prairiedog

Hi All,

I've been fighting with this fridge for almost 3 years now. I've been able to get around the Ammonia clogs and such, but this one is persistent.

Diagnostic Screen 8 - AC Power to AC Heater. I seem to lose that connection/capability when the fridge goes into the defrost cycle (or maybe when it tries to come out of it, can't tell yet). Either way...every 49 hours or so (when the defrost cycle kicks in), my fridge goes from showing 20-24 degrees (on Temp Setting 7 -- its really 34+ degrees, but the fin temp is 10+ degrees colder) to showing 36-38 (near 50) and rising slowly. And then, that error code shows up.

BUT, if I turn the fridge off for a little while, and then back on -- that error code no longer shows and it starts working again.

So, the QUESTION: Why would the defrost cycle cause a disconnection between the AC Power/AC Heater? Is this a circuit board issue, a wire issue...thoughts?

I have no diagnostic equipment -- no electronic meters, nothing. So, not much I can do without calling someone. But, thought perhaps there might be someone out there who has some idea as to what the problem might be.

As always, thanks Forum Folks for all your help!
Rob