North Trail 29FLR

We visited a local dealer for a part on our TT and decided to look through the lot. Like many campers, we found a floor plan we liked. From what I can tell from doing an internet search, the 29FLR is fairly new (2023). The one we looked at was a new 2023. I’ve looked on RV Trader and could only find ‘23/‘24 models. I would like any feedback on this unit. A fair price? How much can I anticipate the dealer coming down from their “sale price” not MSRP (which is over inflated IMHO).
What thoughts do you have about Heartland in general?

fluffywhitedogs

You will hear both great stories and lots of complaints if you look around. My North Trail experience has been mostly positive, with the weak link being the dealers.
I bought a 21RBSS from Couch’s last May. I live near Toronto, so I was worried about the stories of how nobody will service a trailer they didn’t sell, but Couch’s assured me that they had a network of dealers that would do warranty work on trailers they sold and named a dealer near my house as one of them.
I LOVE my North Trail. It’s my third trailer and by far the most solid and comfortable one so far, but it had a probably minor electrical issue that has made my first year somewhat stressful.
Somewhere in the vast network of wiring, there’s a short or bad ground that causes the running light fuse in my vehicle to randomly blow. This causes the running lights to go off and disables my cameras which are wired to the same circuit.
I was 100% unable to find a dealer who would look at it within several hundred miles on either side of the border. The dealer near me that was named by couch’s pretty much laughed in my face. And no other dealer around would touch it. Heartland was willing to pay for a mobile tech, but they only cover the fix, not the diagnosis, and in a case like this, the diagnosis is most of the job. And I haven’t had any luck finding a great tech who will take the time to troubleshoot. So whenever I take it out, I wonder when (not if) the fuse is going to blow.
I had some other life challenges while this was happening and couldn’t spend more energy on it so now, unfortunately, the warranty is over.
Anyhow, reading this over again, it may or may not be the type of information you were looking for, but basically my point is that yes, I would heartily encourage you to deal with Heartland and with North Trail, but make sure you have a dealer that will have your back. And this is critical no matter what brand you go with!