North Trail 31BHDD and Wilderness 3125BH weight differences

ViaTheOC

These models seem to check all the boxes for my family. I'm confused about the weight differences in what appear to be identical trailers.

Wilderness 3125BH = 6,840 dry

North Trail 31BHDD = 6,399 dry

At first I thought the diamond plate on the front of the Wilderness accounted for a portion of the weight but when I looked at one, I saw it was actually plastic, not steel.

Also, the North Trail has a stainless kitchen sink vs plastic in the Wilderness which everything else being equal, should make the North Trail heavier.

Could someone in the know please clarify for me?

Regards,

Bill

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi ViaTheOC,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so if anyone knows the answer, I'm sure they'll jump in.

Another source of info would be to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for North Trail sales.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Differences in weight could be caused by many things . . .

Electric vs. manual tongue crank, different sized LP tanks, slide out bumper rack vs. regular back bumper, steel vs. aluminum wheels, one battery vs. two . . . or many other optional accessories that one has and the other doesn't.

ViaTheOC

Differences in weight could be caused by many things . . .

I agree John. That's why I was asking if anyone knew specifically. The numbers are from Heartlands website and I'm pretty sure are for the base/minimum configuration. The base config appears to be identical according to the cut sheets.