Not going to find better customer service

kdubinwa

Once again Heartland goes the extra mile for me. I'm a customer for life.

Details follow:

Last August Heartland arranged to have Fife RV Center in Tacoma, WA perform the warranty TSB work on my two Dometic Blizzard A/Cs. I also had some minor repairs on my Norcold performed on the same visit.

Fast forward to this July... I finally get around to running the bedroom AC and I notice that water drips through the closest ceiling vent and stains my bedroom ceiling. I remember that this was the specific damage the Dometic TSB was designed to prevent. I check my paperwork and sure enough Fife RV shows it completed the Dometic TSB on both A/Cs as item 1 on my work order. Hmmmm....

I go up on the roof and pull the bedroom AC shroud and lo and behold no one has performed the TSB! The unused mounting holes that leak air into the air box were not sealed as required and the new drain holes to prevent condensation leaks were never drilled. And yes those were the only work items to perform on this TSB.

So I head back to my living room AC and pull the shroud and discover the same thing --- no warranty TSB has been performed on it. Worse yet, I can tell from the tape I added to the outside of the styrofoam insulator that no one has even opened this A/C since I did in week 2 of ownership.

So I get home on the weekend, grab the drill and silicone caulk, and perform the TSB on both units myself. I take before and after pictures. First thing Monday I put calls into Heartland customer service and the Fife RV Center service department.

I share this info with Heartland Customer Service and they confirm that Fife RV Center billed them and Heartland paid the 1.5 hours each for the A/C TSB work. They want to know what will be Fife RV's response back to me. So I hear from the assitant service manager at Fife RV and share my detailed findings, including before and after pictures, and the fact that they billed Heartland for performing the TSB on both A/Cs. The next day I receive a terse email from Fife RV Service department stating that they are no longer authorized to perform any work on Heartland RVs and their 6 month workmanship warranty for my work order has expired. Thank you and good bye. That was it... no ooopppsss, no sorry, no maybe we should give Heartland their money back? Like a their 6-month workmanship warranty would be an adequate defense for skipping the TSB work entirely and then billing anyway. Good grief!

So what does Heartland do when they learn about Fife RV Center's response? They unexpectedly authorize a goodwill repair on my 2 year old Bighorn because I had been proactive in getting the TSB work performed and it was Fife RV Center that blew it.

Now that is first rate, top shelf customer service!!

Thank you Heartland RV,
Kurt

jbeletti

Sorry to hear your dealer let you down. I think you handled things logically and fairly. Thanks for sharing.

carl.swoyer

I had a similar situation with Lazydays Rv in sefner Fl. After talking my 2012 Landmark Rushmore back to the factory for repair I called Jim Fenner. I informed him that I personally witnessed Lazydays fraudulently charging them for work they didn't do. They no longer carrying Landmark. Don't accept what you don't inspect.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

itinerants

Once again Heartland goes the extra mile for me. I'm a customer for life.

Details follow:

Last August Heartland arranged to have Fife RV Center in Tacoma, WA perform the warranty TSB work on my two Dometic Blizzard A/Cs. I also had some minor repairs on my Norcold performed on the same visit.

Fast forward to this July... I finally get around to running the bedroom AC and I notice that water drips through the closest ceiling vent and stains my bedroom ceiling. I remember that this was the specific damage the Dometic TSB was designed to prevent. I check my paperwork and sure enough Fife RV shows it completed the Dometic TSB on both A/Cs as item 1 on my work order. Hmmmm....

I go up on the roof and pull the bedroom AC shroud and lo and behold no one has performed the TSB! The unused mounting holes that leak air into the air box were not sealed as required and the new drain holes to prevent condensation leaks were never drilled. And yes those were the only work items to perform on this TSB.

So I head back to my living room AC and pull the shroud and discover the same thing --- no warranty TSB has been performed on it. Worse yet, I can tell from the tape I added to the outside of the styrofoam insulator that no one has even opened this A/C since I did in week 2 of ownership.

So I get home on the weekend, grab the drill and silicone caulk, and perform the TSB on both units myself. I take before and after pictures. First thing Monday I put calls into Heartland customer service and the Fife RV Center service department.

I share this info with Heartland Customer Service and they confirm that Fife RV Center billed them and Heartland paid the 1.5 hours each for the A/C TSB work. They want to know what will be Fife RV's response back to me. So I hear from the assitant service manager at Fife RV and share my detailed findings, including before and after pictures, and the fact that they billed Heartland for performing the TSB on both A/Cs. The next day I receive a terse email from Fife RV Service department stating that they are no longer authorized to perform any work on Heartland RVs and their 6 month workmanship warranty for my work order has expired. Thank you and good bye. That was it... no ooopppsss, no sorry, no maybe we should give Heartland their money back? Like a their 6-month workmanship warranty would be an adequate defense for skipping the TSB work entirely and then billing anyway. Good grief!

So what does Heartland do when they learn about Fife RV Center's response? They unexpectedly authorize a goodwill repair on my 2 year old Bighorn because I had been proactive in getting the TSB work performed and it was Fife RV Center that blew it.

Now that is first rate, top shelf customer service!!

Thank you Heartland RV,
Kurt
Thanks for the post. I'll avoid anything to do with Fife RV even they are relatively close to home.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk