Observation/Race Deck

wckdeepc

good morning! we are owners of a 2010 3010. just curious if anyone out there has had a race deck installed on top of their rig. if so could you put up some nice pictures of the rig with the deck?

oscar

That could be a tall order, no pun intended......You're about at max height as it is, and with all the vents and AC's up there you may not get a lot of deck without serious redesign. Secondly, the structure is NOT designed to carry that load. So, some major engineering would be required there. Bottom line is that if that's what you want, I'd start with a different platform.

vakthund

good morning! we are owners of a 2010 3010. just curious if anyone out there has had a race deck installed on top of their rig. if so could you put up some nice pictures of the rig with the deck?
Many years ago either Cyclone or Raptor was available with roof railings (I can't remember which). Was short lived but some of those may still be available. I suspect there is a reason they were short lived though...

porthole

Retired
Secondly, the structure is NOT designed to carry that load. So, some major engineering would be required there.

guess you haven't seen the Heartland picture of 20+ standing on the roof.......

do a google search for NASCAR trailer observation decks. That and pop up in eBay occasionally. All relatively flat stored pop up units.

FiremanBill

do a google search for NASCAR trailer observation decks. That and pop up in eBay occasionally. All relatively flat stored pop up units.

Yeah and a Toyota Tundra towed the space shuttle too, but I ain't going to get one to tow my Cyclone...

vakthund

I'd like to see the rubber roof after they walk around, jump, cheer, dragging lawn chairs, moving coolers, dropped beer cans, etc. Haven't met a NASCAR group that stands still - or doesn't drink. I'd be worried about the extended use of the ladder.

scottyb

Seriously, I was told at my PDI that you can put lawn chairs up there as long as they were not a type that would punture the rubber. I never really wanted to test that theory. I supposed you could build some sort of easily assembled decking system that would distribute the load and protect the rubber roof.

porthole

Retired
I'd like to see the rubber roof after they walk around, jump, cheer, dragging lawn chairs, moving coolers, dropped beer cans, etc. Haven't met a NASCAR group that stands still - or doesn't drink. I'd be worried about the extended use of the ladder.

And where did I suggest that a nascar crowd was welcome on the roof. My point was that the roof has some strength to it. If you want to put a platform on it there are companies that will make it for you.

The OP asked about a deck, not about sliding coolers around on the roof material.

porthole

Retired
Seriously, I was told at my PDI that you can put lawn chairs up there as long as they were not a type that would punture the rubber. I never really wanted to test that theory. I supposed you could build some sort of easily assembled decking system that would distribute the load and protect the rubber roof.

"If" I wanted to sit on my roof I would do it with nothing that would concentrate the load. A lawn chair would do exactly that and odds are it would be between the rafters.