Observations

NYSUPstater

This NOT meant to bash anyone or start a feud about this or that, BUT just observations I've seen lately in regards to vehicles and RV's.

Have seen quite the gamut w/ some spot on in regards to RV's and it's tow vehicle. Some RV's are nose high w/ tow vehicle level. Some RV's are nose low w/ level vehicle. Some RV's are deal level and tow vehicle is dragging it's rear bumper. Some tow vehicles don't have camper mirrors. Some rigs are matched 100% with both being level front to rear. HUGE RV's behind a SRW truck and truck is squatting or undersized. Huge toy haulers behind SRW trucks.

Again, this is just some things I've seen in past few weeks in the course of my travels. Yes, I too have gone thru growing pains in regards to trucks, weight limits etc, etc.Now that I've done it for a bit doesn't make me perfect, but have learned from my mistakes in the interest of safety. One could view this as stirring up the hornets nest, but all boils down to what you feel is best for you.

I always thought that a 3/4 ton would be the only truck I'd need and never use it to it's full capacity. Always want to see what's behind me, so always had some type of way to see better behind me till I started getting camping mirrors from factory.Well the 3/4 ton died so went w/ a SRW 1 ton thinking "last truck". Wrong. New RV which was more than the SRW could safely handle. Yes it did tow it, but I could tell it was undersized. Now have a DRW and towing is a dream. Stinks in snow by itself, but much more comfy and relaxing when yanking the RV behind it. So, yes, I've made some boo-boo's over the years, but while growing older, also has taught me to tow a little wiser.

Roller4tan

When I bought my first travel trailer, the dealer set me up with a sway bar and weight distribution bars and how to set themup. New to rvers need to make sure they are aware of the need to set up there rigs correctly. I currently have a fifth wheel which is much easier to set up and tow, but still needed to investigate the correct approach to safely travel.

CoveredWagon

When we started looking at our first RV the first question the dealer asked was, what will your tow vehicle be? Well being a guy who knows a bit about these things I thought this guy is pretty good. Wrong, he was just a typical salesman. Sure you can tow this 40 foot toy hauler with a Ford Ranger. Lol 😂😂😂😂

When we started looking at our first RV the first question the dealer asked was, what will your tow vehicle be? Well being a guy who knows a bit about these things I thought this guy is pretty good. Wrong, he was just a typical salesman. Sure you can tow this 40 foot toy hauler with a Ford Ranger. Lol 😂😂😂😂
A salesman asked us what we were going to pull the 5th wheel camper with, that we were looking at buying. I couldn't resist..." A Truck" !!🤣🤣🤣