On the fence to buy 2008 BC 3250ts

gunni

My wife and I are looking for a 5th trailer to live in while building a house in Vancouver B.C., were in the US now checking out trailers, and found a 08 BC 3250ts for 14K, it seams like a good deal, just our cdn dollar is so bad that quickly turns into 20K, I just don't know the resale on these units in Canada if we want to sell it after a few years, also comparing this unit to say a 06 Montana that appears to be about the same price point, seems odd the 08 would be the same as a 06, what am I missing? I have been reading lots of horror stories about cracked frames, leaking slides etc
any input at all would be appreciated of issues and pitfalls to look out for in this particular unit?

sengli

Just like buying anything used you should really look the unit over. Look behind the basement walls, where all the electrical, and especially the plumbing runs are for any signs of trouble. Make sure everything works. Try every switch, have water hooked up and try everything. With our units we always insist on staying a night or two on the dealers lot, to try out everything. I they dont have a place you can do this, see of there is close by campground then. Check the caulking on all the joints, and even walk the roof. Look for signs where there could have been water intrusion. Since this unit is older, look at the slide seals, to make sure they are intact, and flexible still. Even go under the rig, and make sure the coroplast belly lining isnt full of water from somewhere.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had a 2008 Big Country 3250 for 5 years. Nice camper with little to no problems but it is not a 4 season camper, just only a 3 season camper. As for pricing a used camper, I'm clueless.