Operating slides in the rain.

Hello everyone,

I'm a new Prowler owner, 1st RV I've ever owned and I had a question about closing the slides. We get a lot of rain in Louisiana and wanted to know what I should expect if it is raining on the days we are leaving the camp site? Should I be ready to wipe down the slide once it has been retracted? Do I need to air the camper out so I don't get any moisture or mold growing because of the water the slide pulls in?

Thanks in advance!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've had to bring the slides in on our rig plenty of times in the rain.
No problems so far, but..... If I was in the heat and humidity of Louisiana I would definitely do everything I can to dry things out.

Peace
Dave

Gary521

It depends on how long you plan on having the slides pulled in after a rain and keeping the unit closed. The top and side seals will squeegee most of the water off when you pull them in. First chance you get, put them back out.

Lynn1130

I have had no problem with bringing them in in the rain but they and the awning should be rolled out and allowed to dry once you are in a location (home) to do that. I have seen awnings black with mold when rolled up wet and left that way.

Oregon_Camper

Here is a little tip from on Oregonian, where we have rain about 8 months of the year.

1 - When leveling your RV, have it tip just a weeeeee bit front or back. That allows the water to run off vs pool up

or

2 - Invest in a slide-topper. We've had them on all of our RV's and LOVE them. Stops rain, leaves, etc from landing on the slide-out.