Ordering a North Trail 26lrss

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Tmichaels... As far as gas mileage goes, we got right at 10mpg towing with an 03 hemi. I changed to fully synthetic oil and it jumped to 11.5. That might not sound like much but it's a 15% improvement. Thats like paying $3.20 instead of $3.75 a gallon!

CliffP

Nice. The opening on our 32BUDS is bigger than our cabinet doors in the bathroom so I wasn't sure. Its got me thinking though. I'm planning on adding some drawers and was thinking I'd have to make the drawer fronts but maybe not. I'm going out with the tape measure right now.
Nope, not that easy!

Tmichaels

Tmichaels... As far as gas mileage goes, we got right at 10mpg towing with an 03 hemi. I changed to fully synthetic oil and it jumped to 11.5. That might not sound like much but it's a 15% improvement. Thats like paying $3.20 instead of $3.75 a gallon!

Yeah my old hemi has about 43k miles on it. Maybe it's time to switch to synthetic oil.

Cliff - That new rig in your driveway looks sweet... Good luck on that cabinet door.

berky

I hope you're as happy with your North Trail 26LRSS Caliber Edition as I am. I've only had it two weeks. So far all of the fun has been in the driveway, stocking up, exploring the features, etc. We bought it at an RV show without a lot of homework, just comparing it to others on the floor. But it has been everything I saw at the show and more.

On the trip back home from the dealer (110 mi.), I got dead on 10 MPG. That was 2/3 highway at 65 and 1/3 rural at 50. Mostly hilly terrain. TV is a Silverado 5.3L with 3.42 rear. Sweet spot for my rig felt like 59, but I didn't have the paitence to stay there. First weekend out is next weekend. I'll have some time on my hands. Maybe I can hit 11 MPG.

Tmichaels

Well my 26irss finally came in this week (7 long weeks later). Today I said goodbye to our KZ Spree (trade in), signed alot of paper work and a fat check (she's ours to take home right). Nope... Now I have to wait till the middle or the end of this coming week to pick her up (make ready) they call it. Ordering a new toy and waiting for it takes forever. Oh well, it will be worth the wait. Happy trails to all.

PeternLiane

Well my 26irss finally came in this week (7 long weeks later). Today I said goodbye to our KZ Spree (trade in), signed alot of paper work and a fat check (she's ours to take home right). Nope... Now I have to wait till the middle or the end of this coming week to pick her up (make ready) they call it. Ordering a new toy and waiting for it takes forever. Oh well, it will be worth the wait. Happy trails to all.

Congratulations, the wait will be well worth it!!!

Happy travels

berky

Happy for you that the wait is finally over. Stay in touch and let us know how that first outing goes. Any time you need to compare notes on North Trail and the 26LRSS, there are plenty of active members here to help out.

Tmichaels

I finally got the trailer home Friday evening. Love it... It's pulled great even with a 25-30 mph wind. Nice to have a 3 day weekend to get it loaded, install tv's, etc.

Happy trails

marte48

I'm looking at A 26lrss, will tow with new Tundra 5.7, 4.11's. First tt in more than 25 yrs and looking toward cross country travel with combo. Anyone towing with tundra and this model trailer? Any feedback will be appreciated.

marte48

Picked mine up last week. While driving home (100 miles), in hilly country, against a 15 to 20 MPH headwind, going 55 to 65 MPH, we averaged 10 MPG with '12 Tundra, 5.7, & 4.11's! Engine never hit more than 3,500 RPM, and that was going uphill, from a dead stop.

Great tow vehicle and TT is built like a rock!!!

PeternLiane

Picked mine up last week. While driving home (100 miles), in hilly country, against a 15 to 20 MPH headwind, going 55 to 65 MPH, we averaged 10 MPG with '12 Tundra, 5.7, & 4.11's! Engine never hit more than 3,500 RPM, and that was going uphill, from a dead stop.

Great tow vehicle and TT is built like a rock!!!

Sounds like a great Combo. Headwinds are always MPG killers. While pulling I try to use the highest grade gas that I can. It helps with MPG. Congratulations on the New truck and trailer!!!