Orphan Switch in forward Cellar, 2013 Big Country

Pquenzler

We just got a new to us, hardly ever used 2013 Big Country 5er BC3251TS.

This is our fourth 5th Wheel, the last one a 2010 Sundance. Seeing some new stuff, lots that we like but I came across a switch, appears to be of the 12v variety, up in the forward cellar. The interior cellar lights are the normal type with the switch on the light itself. This is a switch that is attached just inside the cellar opening on the right side as you face the cellar about half way up the opening. Switching it on and off does not seem to do anything.

My Sundance had some neat blue led lights, like eyes on the front of the unit, but no such eyes on the Big Country, just the three amber running lights up top.

So I am calling this my orphan switch until I can figure out it's name.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That switch most likely controls the light above.
That light has a switch on it but the switch on the right side will turn that light on or off.
Turn the light on then operate the switch. It should turn the light off.

Peace
Dave

sengli

If your talking about the front compartment, where the hydraulic pump is at...there is a pancake light above your head in the top of that compartment.

Thats the only switch we have ever seen up there on the last three fivers we bought.

Pquenzler

That switch most likely controls the light above.
That light has a switch on it but the switch on the right side will turn that light on or off.
Turn the light on then operate the switch. It should turn the light off.

Peace
Dave
Thanks, will check it out

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Somebody may have realized that you need to be a contortionist to operate that light. Our BH didn’t have a convenient switch like that, so I wired one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk