our new lynx black aluminu wheels and Goodyear 114

szewczyk_john

Yesterday I picked up our new wheels and tires from the freight depot. Got home at 4:30 and by 6:00 I had everything put away and was washing up. that included properly snugging up each lug nut to 120 foot pounds and adjusting the TPMS to the new PSI levels. Going to run them at 110 PSI. I used the orange "trailer aid" to lift each side of the trailer and then a 12 ton bottle jack with a saddle welded on the screw head was used under each axel to lift the wheel off the ground. Thought some would want to see what the new wheel looks like compared to the stock black wheels. I decided to go with the stainless lugs and center. You can also get them with a black powder coated finish which is supposed to blend into the black background. My only issue with this upgrade is the each wheel had two stickers located on the black finish which was difficult to remove. The stickers are visible in the one picture. An expensive upgrade that I have been putting off for too long. Purchased through trailer tire and wheel.
Pics #1 - side by side
#2 - Stock wheel & tire
#3 - New wheels and tire
#4 - side by side on trailer
#5&6 - finished product

Thanks to Porthole Duane for his advice

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 99

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Those look terrific! Looking forward to seeing them in Urbanna (think we're just a couple of sites down from you).

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I like the look very much!
Here's the Goodyear table for proper inflation to get the best wear and braking from the tires. I think yours are covered in the third table down.