Outdoor entertainment center in 2015 Landmark Key Largo

kseagle

Looking for some help with the outdoor entertainment center (TV + auto type stereo). First, does anyone know if the outside TV will only receive off-air TV? I have a schematic from HL which appears to show that is true. The schematic also shows that the basement connection is supposed to receive what ever the LR TV is receiving, but that is not true either.

Also it appears that the outdoor TV is not connected to the stereo in any way. There is an "aux" setting but that appears to be for the mini-jack patch cable on the front of the stereo.

Finally, does anyone know how to get into the back of the exterior TV cabinet? On the demo model we looked at there was a cabinet door under the dining room table but on our new unit those doors are fixed in place. If I could get to the rear of the TV I could probably set it up to receive the same signal as the LR TV--which would be OK for us. BTW, we did not order the BR TV option, although it was supposed to come pre-wired for a TV in the BR.

Thanks in advance for your help. Karen

kseagle

As a follow up, I did find out how to access the rear compartment of the outdoor entertainment. Here's what I found: there is a connection between the stereo and the TV: the stereo outputs audio & video to the TV for DVD/CD playing. There doesn't appear to be any backwards connections where the TV outputs to the stereo so you can listen to TV audio through the stereo speakers. As it stands right now it looks like to watch satellite on the outdoor entertainment center I'll have to string a cable from the satellite receiver above the LR TV into the back of the outdoor TV. Another option is to purchase a HDMI/cable (RG6) converter ($250) and connect it in the cabinet above the LR TV to the RG6 cable coming out of the splitter and going to the outdoor TV. Any other ideas, folks?

I have a 2013 Key Largo, and I actually used an HDMI splitter from the LR TV and ran an HDMI cable from there to the outside TV.
You are right in that from the factory, the outside TV only picks up over the air signal.
On my unit, the TV does play through the outside stereo on AUX 3.
Hope this helps, and enjoy your new Key Largo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

There are wireless HDMI transmitters and receivers that do high def. If your receiver has a spare HDMI output, it should work. Or if there's only one HDMI output, you might have to add an HDMI splitter. Amazon sells a bunch.

kseagle

Thanks for the info, folks. You would have thought that HL would have taken the time/expense to run a HDMI cable along with the RG6 from the LR entertainment to the outside entertainment on such a high end coach. Now we're stuck with running a cable through the LR or a pricy wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver in order to use satellite.

I recently purchased a 2014 Landmark San Antonio. I'm am still trying to figure out the outside entertainment system connections and how they work. I have access to the back of the TV under the dining table and have installed an HDMI cable so I can watch Sat. TV--by moving the SAT receiver outside under the awning--which is OK but I would have preferred that the outside TV play whatever is on in the LR.. I have not tried the AUX 3 to see if the TV plays through the stereo speakers--will try that later--if I have an AUX 3 option. As far as I remember I only have a "AUX in" option The cheap radio has "eaten" one of my CD's and have not been successful getting the CD out. It have not stayed at a campsite with cable--so I don't know how that will work--or not.

jbeletti

I recently purchased a 2014 Landmark San Antonio. I'm am still trying to figure out the outside entertainment system connections and how they work. I have access to the back of the TV under the dining table and have installed an HDMI cable so I can watch Sat. TV--by moving the SAT receiver outside under the awning--which is OK but I would have preferred that the outside TV play whatever is on in the LR.

You can split the output of your LR receiver (1x2 HDMI splitter) and run an HDMI cable through the LR entertainment slide, across the underbelly and into the dinette slide and up to the outdoor entertainment TV. I've done this. 50' HDMI cable, 1x2 HDMI splitter and a few hours of work.

In my next coach - similar to what you want, I want to have the bedroom satellite receiver feed the outdoor entertainment TV. This time, I plan to use a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver system - link.

I have not tried the AUX 3 to see if the TV plays through the stereo speakers--will try that later--if I have an AUX 3 option. As far as I remember I only have a "AUX in" option The cheap radio has "eaten" one of my CD's and have not been successful getting the CD out. It have not stayed at a campsite with cable--so I don't know how that will work--or not.

A. If you end of feeding the outdoor entertainment TV, satellite signal from a satellite receiver "at the TV", the receiver will likely have analog audio outputs. With the right cable, you'll likely be able to hook it up to the stereo system.

B1. If you end up feeding the outdoor entertainment TV, satellite signal from a satellite receiver "located elsewhere" via HDMI or wireless, your easiest method will be to grab audio out of the TV. Check the back of the TV for what outputs you have. You need to have some sort of an audio output in order to be able to feed it into the stereo system (may also need cables and a convertor of some sort).

B2. If the TV does not have an audio output, you could run a long cable from the satellite receiver in the LR entertainment slide, to the outdoor entertainment stereo system

RVNEWBIE

My outdoor tv picks up whatever is on the LR tv. I have satellite TV with RF remote so I can change channels outside. The connections are in the left cabinet above your TV. Sounds like somebody messed up the wiring.

Good Luck

Joe

ZonieLD

Hi, we are new owners of a 2013 Landmark Key Largo that has an outside TV. How do we access the rear of the TV through the cabinet under the dining table? The panels appears to be firmly or permanently attached?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we are new owners of a 2013 Landmark Key Largo that has an outside TV. How do we access the rear of the TV through the cabinet under the dining table? The panels appears to be firmly or permanently attached?
I'm not real sure on accessing the back of your outside TV, but I suspect that you will have to take it off of its mount.
Look up from the bottom you may see an Allen head screw or a latch to pull.
Come back and let us know if you are able to do any of these.
Hopefully another Key Largo owner will share the secret.

Peace
Dave

rjr6150

All three doors are hinged like any cabinet door just doesn't appear that way. Can't remember hinge side and mine is in storage for the winter.

ZonieLD

This forum has been a wealth of information for us. We found that the 2 panels closest to the entry door both opened to the left. The right panel opened to the right. Thank you for the help.

ndmac

I highly recommend that anyone trying to figure out Coax runs in your RV that you use this tool.
https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/cable-testers-accessories/coax-explorer-plus-tester

Identify what cables go where and this will help you layout your Sat/TV systems in your RV.

In my 4200 I have independent SAT controls in my BR and Garage from one dual receiver and shared one single receiver with LR and Outdoor ent. center.
I Never would have got there with out this tester/explorer. (There was large nest of coaxial cable and splitters coming in from UDC and out to all the areas of RV-find this!)
Once I knew what went where it was fairly simple and I was watching Sat. TV and drinking a cold Wobble-Pop I no time!