Pete's RV in Indianna Anyone have experience with them?

acomavet

I am pricing out a new Bighorn 3160EL. Have any of you dealt with them ? If so what was your experience like?
TIA John

Miltp920

We bought our cyclone 3100 from them 1 year ago. You can pm me if you want to talk. They gave us the best price AND trade in offer. I had a price in Michigan and a trade number, told Petes I would deal in Indiana IF they gave me the best deal. They did. I think I heard that because of the volume they deal with and their proximity to Elkhart factory allowed them to deal on price. We ordered ours with LED lights because the salesman told us it was an available option. The factory later came back with LED was not available until after September show-rally. We really wanted the LED option. Petes RV went to bat for us, and the factory came through and installed LED lights, ours may be the first 2014 with LED lights in august. We had slide toppers installed at Petes RV. They were pricey, but they did a good job. Our first request for warranty items had a quick response. The latest request just before our 1 year warranty expires is acknowledged, but we are going on about 1 month without the items being mailed to me to install. We are still adding to the list and exchanging pictures. The warranty guy we are working with "has been traveling alot filling in where needed". I would still recommend them, although our sales lady is no longer with Petes RV. I have been installing the few items we have needed myself, so I can not speak to their onsite service. They are about an hour away, and our issues were few and easy to self repair. I am in Michigan, Petes is in Indiana, but they hauled our 3100 just into Illinios about 3 miles west for us to take delivery. It was a Michigan sales tax issue. No big deal for us. We did the entire deal on the internet, except the day we paid for it and the day we picked it up. It was a low pressure deal. Even extended warranty discussion.They told us how much it would be for us to consider. We passed on their extended plan and we later went with Good Sam extended plan. I thought the walkthrough was thorough, now I have learned on this forum a few things more I would have asked about. I will never buy another Towmax OEM tire. Read the posts on Towmax tires and be informed, many ask for a different tire on new units. Everyone we interfaced with was very courteous and professional. this was a year ago.

I am pricing out a new Bighorn 3160EL. Have any of you dealt with them ? If so what was your experience like?
TIA John

brianlajoie

TIA John

We bought our BH 3010RE from them in April. It was a better value than anything local. The service was excellant and the price was very good. We travelled over a thousand miles to purchase / pick up this rig from them. I would definitely buy from them again and would recommend them for someone to purchase from.

Make sure you have a thorough PDI list. Ours was 7 pages lone and only found one thing wrong that required several hours to fix. There are some to use on this forum. The folks we very friendly and allowed us to start the PDI inspection 3 hours before the walk through (we performed every review / test that we could by ourselves). There were a few small items we found that were immediately fixed. I don't know what you know about trailers, but please be sure you drive the walk through - I would say that was the weakest part of the process. If you haven't hitched a trailer like this before, make sure you know the entire process before you leave. There was a lack of knowledge on this step that was thankfully filled by the hitch rep later on. PM me if you need more detail.