Possible 2012 27FQBS

Hookoil

Hello all, I am new to this site and was brought here by doing some research on a possible trailer purchase. I have been looking at the Forest River brand trailers for quite some time and we found one close by at a dealer. I took the family to look at it today and it was under deposit, so we looked around at others and found a 2012 27FQBS that we liked. It is very clean and the floor plan is what my wife and I like. My questions are I guess I have been living in a bubble because I have not heard much about the Heartland trailers before, How do they hold up? Is there anything I should look for as far as problems or concerns with this model trailer? And also is **,000 a bad price for the trailer with a E2 hitch installed on my truck? Thanks in advance and I like looking around this forum you have a bunch of great ideas with the modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Hookoil,

RVs today all use similar materials and often the same appliances and subsystems but there are some differences in how the sidewalls, roof, and floor are constructed. But all these things pale next to the sense of community and camaraderie you'll find among Heartland owners. If you join us at local, regional or the North American rallies, you'll make friends and have a great time. You'll also be able to get support from a great bunch of helpful people when you have a question or a problem.

If you're looking at a previously owned trailer, make sure you do a thorough inspection, inside, outside, above and below.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hookoil, are you looking at a new or used trialer?
On a new one it seems that 25 - 35% off the MSRP is in the ballpark. Maybe a little more, maybe less.
If you like what you see, try to negotiate the best price that you can.
If you are comfortable with a price of, oh lets see, somewhere between 11 and 13k then that's what it is worth to you.

Peace
Dave