Power Cord Reel

MTPockets

We orderd our New Big Horn with the power rewind cord reel. It works well. Just wondering though, what "if" the power or motor ever fails to the reel - what do I do with the cord? It doesn't look like winding it up manually would be possible..... (planning ahead)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I often thought of the same scenario. I think I would use a bazillion Zip Ties or some ratchet straps and wrap it around the ladder.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

Which color Zip ties would work best? How much would a Bazillion ties weigh and would that void my frame warranty?

MTPockets

Thanks for the link:).... It looks like the reel is available power or manual. It doesn't sound like there is a provision for manual winding if you have the powered reel.:(

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just being curious since I still manhandle my 50A cord (being mainly on a seasonal site, it's no biggie). But, don't they mount them under the J-wrap at the rear of the coach? If so, is there some kind of access hole into that space at the end under the rig to insert a manual crank handle? On my 3670, that area would be where the rear entertainment slide slips in. Seems like they'd be inviting a tar & feathers party if they don't have some means to access the manual rewind. 100% dependability isn't something I associate with some of these features.

porthole

Retired
Manual rewind is grab the side plate and start turning. Not the easiest but not impossible either. Small price to pay for the convenience it offers all the rest of the time.