Question about greystone quality

Hello guys and gals I am new to rvs and to the forum. Wife and I have been for a whe for a fifth wheel and have come across a 2011 greystone 29bl. We are needing something to live in for 6-8 month while house is being built. What i can't find out is what kind of quality construction goes into these units. Are they aluminum tubed framed etc. Asking price was 27k from private seller and im purchasing for 24, 500. Coach is clean . Whats everyones thoughts on quality of the greystone line.

Thanks Coy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

Hi g2outfitter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure you'll get some specific responses shortly.

Let me suggest you check carefully to make sure the trailer has been maintained well. Check caulking on roof, around front and rear caps, all over. Look under the slideouts to see if the wood flooring looks ok.

If you're planning on living in this unit for the summer in Texas, you'll want 2 air conditioners. If the unit has 50 Amp service, a 2nd one can be added by most dealers. If it's 30 Amp, you'll have to live with one unit and it may get hotter than you'd like during the day.

Thanks for reply. Coach has two ac units with 50 amp service. Front and back self level jacks. Deal also comes with platinum extended warranty until 8-2016.

Mizmary

Who is the warranty with? Have you checked them out? No matter what you will find that everyone here is pretty good and helping to find answers for any issues that may or may not come up.

Honestly, buying used - IF it's been well maintained-- can be better than buying used since the shakedown issues (water leaks, etc) should all be fixed for you.

The extended warranty is with Extra ride and is the Platinum warranty. I waiting to get a copy of the service contract.

Also another question I have is NADA doesnt show this 2011 29 BL model number to get a price for my bank. Any reason why or another place I could check.