Rally Service Work Feedback

jbeletti

I'd say 98% of the comments I heard about service work performed at the Fairgrounds during the rally were positive. I did hear 1 comment about foul language used by one of the service personnel.

Heartland would like to hear your feedback on the service aspect of the rally so they can work to improve where needed. If you had your trailer serviced at the rally, we'd like you to share how it went. Please state who the provider was (RS for Recreational Specialties and RV for RV Capitol Service Center), state what they did and state your level of satisfaction with their work quality, their attitude, how they treated you and your unit etc. Add any other comments you feel would be useful to the service providers and Heartland.

If you'd rather relay your comments to me privately rather than in this forum, feel free to email or PM me through the forum and I will pass your information on to Heartland.

Thanks,

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
We had RSI and Holmes on Wheels and then Lippert and all service was performed well (much better than LSI last year). No foul language was observed.

Good thing that I was not servicing units. I thought foul language was one of the tools to make things work:D .

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The guys from RV Capital that worked on mine were great. I would have to give them an A+ on there repairs, friendly and efficient. The only negative was I couldn't get them to wash and wax my rig.:D Ken

gawelsh

We weren't scheduled for any work - but naturally found problems after we hooked up. Melanie from Heartland got us all taken care of, even without an app't. Holmes on Wheels fixed our AC and Kevin (from ???) fixed our pocket door and outside light cover. The whole gang was awesome : good work, great attitudes in that god-awful heat and we were truly "happy campers:". I could continue raving, but figure I'll get
nauseating :eek:

phranc

RV Cap did our service work, Took care of our late add on( shower door adjustment) with no wimpering..Tracy or (Traci) headed up their crew and was easy to work with..

L'l John

RV Capitol worked on our things and were fast & efficient. They were great!

We had so many warranty items that we were scheduled at RS for Monday after the rally. We are still here but most of the items on our list will be finished some time tomorrow (Friday). Most of the delay has been in getting parts from Heartland & Lippert. I would sure recommend RS and RV equally. Good experience with both and also Heartland.

Tom of Ypsi

We were totally in awe at the profesionalism that RSI and Holmes on Wheels showed when looking at our rig. The two of them even got together to discuss our problem to see if the other had an answer. Nice job done by both.

Blessed

Great job.

We had three things to fix: strap holding the wires for the LR slideout was torn, pocket door was broke near bottom latch, and shower door would not close at the top. All three were fixed. On the shower door we were initially told that we would have to have a new assembly, however, after the mechanic returned for the second time it was fixed. I do not know who did the work, but they were SUPER!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Super service

I had a few things on my list. Shad from Lippert Components once again did a great job helping me figure out my continuing blowing breaker. I had new slide seals installed early this year which are a bit stickier than the last set and hit more surface on the slide which in turn caused the slide to have to work harder to move in and out. I was kicking out the 50 amp breaker about (3) times in order to get all (3) slides in or out. He called his electrical engineer and he suggested upgrading the breaker to an 80 amp. He also made sure that the 6 Gage wiring currently in place would be sufficient to handle the load. So I made a trip to Camping World and purchased the breaker and put it on Saturday afternoon and I am happy to say that it works great. Secondly, Capital replaced some vinyl stripping under the kingpin area that had shrunk about 2 inches on one end. I actually had not realized that it was done until they came to me to sign the work order form. Again, I was very pleased with their work also. I just can't say enough about all the people there who spent their time working on our coaches during the Rally.

Thank you all so much,

Mark

Last edited:

cjbearden

Visitor
Kudos for the Rally Repairs!

Many thanks to Flair for fixing a squeaky spring in my new sleep/store sofa - best purchase I have made for the BH! Holmes on Wheels was gracious enough to look at our A/C last minute as a thank you for borrowing our ladder a few times. He adjusted the sensor behind the filter area in the ceiling and installed a deflector to better vent air flow throughout our BH. Last but certainly not the least, great big kudos to Lippert and RVC for making adjustments to our dragging entertainment slide and the top priority item - replacing our mismatched hub assemblies, which had caused damage to two backing plates and a magnet (all unknown to us until Lippert reviewed what we thought was simply mismatched axles while we were at RVC on 5/29.)

We feel truly blessed in our travels over the past 14 months, totally ignorant of the hub problem. Things are right now and although a bit leary of future travels, our RV journey will continue. Apparently God is not through with us yet! Happy and blessed trails to all! Hope to see you again along the way.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We had several items fixed at the rally and we are more than pleased with the work perfomed by both RV Capital and Lieppert. We had a broken landing leg which needed to be replaced. Thanks to all for a job well done..../Doug

Can anyone tell me how much hydrolic fluid is supposed to be in the tank for the slide outs? Mine was half full at purchase, and is leaking by one of the cap nuts. I appears no one knows how much fluid goes into the tank, full or half full. Please let me know at indypen@earthlink.net. I really need an answer soon. thanks.
Richard of Idaho.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Can anyone tell me how much hydrolic fluid is supposed to be in the tank for the slide outs? Mine was half full at purchase, and is leaking by one of the cap nuts. I appears no one knows how much fluid goes into the tank, full or half full. Please let me know at indypen@earthlink.net. I really need an answer soon. thanks.
Richard of Idaho.
Richard, I sent you a response by e-mail as you requested.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, I'd like to know this answer myself. Would you please share this information with others at the forum?
Chuck, My answer was a little off :eek: but probably would have been close enough. Richard did a little research on the Lippert site and found that the level when full with the slides in should be 1 inch from the top of the reservoir. I had told him a half tank would be good as long as all the air, if any was present, was bled out by opening and closing the slides a few times.

Forrest Fetherolf

FYI..............from Lippert Manual..........

Lippert Hydraulic Slideout System uses automatic transmission fluid (ATF).

Any ATF can be used. A full synthetic or synthetic blend works best such as

Dexron III or Mercon 5. For best operation, fill system within ½” of the top when
all slideouts are completely retracted. The see through reservoir makes it easy
to check oil level. It is recommended that the oil level be checked prior to
operating the system. Make sure the breather cap is free of contamination
before removing, replacing or installing.

FILLING DIRECTIONS
Remove Breather/Fill Cap
Pour ATF into Breather/Fill opening.
NOTE:

Do not allow any contamination into reservoir during fill process.
NOTE:
Standard reservoir holds approximately 2 quarts (1.89 liters) of
ATF.

Fill to within ½” of top.
Replace Breather/Fill cap when finished.
NOTE:

System is self-purging. By simply cycling the system 2-3 times,
any air in the system will be forced back to the reservoir and out of
the Breather/Fill cap.

Forrest