"Remote controller"

jbeletti

Hans - add a picture of this controller. I think you're referring to a small remote that used to come with the BC. That remote may control your slides, an awning and a light. While it has a practical application, many people just didn't get much use from them.

I've had them before and rarely used them. I do like raising and lowering my front jacks from the cab of the truck when hitching/unhitching.

The remote control system is generally no longer offered by Heartland.

happykraut

About the only time I use mine when I'm parked at the RV lot and I want to bring one or both slides out. I can go outside and watch to see how close I am to the RV next to me.

padre44

As far as I'm concerned, it is an expensive, worthless item. Too hard to change programming because they put the control module were you can hardly find it or reach it if you find it.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Which remote are you talking about?

A small little handheld remote controller which can control jacks, slides, awning, and maybe some other electrical stuff I've forgotten.

Clever, but wondered if anyone regularly used it. I can see now that it could be useful when extending slides, as you could walk around and observe clearances, etc.

GregP

I like to use ours when extending slides as I can keep an eye on the slide to watch for obstructions, binding, etc. I also use it for the awning when first deploying for the same reason. Need to have...no. Nice to have...yes. Haven't used it for raising or lowering front jacks as I like to be out and watching them. I use the button under the front of the trailer for hook-up.

lynndiwagoner

I use mine all of the time. Mainly raising or lowering the front jacks as I back in to hitch up. It is also the only way to turn on the outside scare lights. Sorry to hear they did away with it.

rhodies1

A small little handheld remote controller which can control jacks, slides, awning, and maybe some other electrical stuff I've forgotten.

Clever, but wondered if anyone regularly used it. I can see now that it could be useful when extending slides, as you could walk around and observe clearances, etc.

You need to be very very very careful standing outdoors opening slides with your remote.You have no way to see if anything is going to get caught by the slides as they open,if a door on a cupboard is ajar slightly,a cushion falls off your couch onto the floor,a magazine falls onto the floor etc. These items can get caught and cause great damage, when your outside opening slides you cannot see what is going on inside.
Would not use.

Roller4tan

I usually start the slides manually until I can squeeze thru to check the rear of the slides to make sure there are no obstacles in the way. If I'm unsure of outside clearances then I'll use the remote to finish running them out. Otherwise, I stay inside and run them manually. Sometimes the awning won't seat right against the trailer and I'll use the remote while pushing on the arms until it's all the way in. I rarely use it for the front jacks, but use it a lot for the outside step light, since there is no indoor switch.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
OK, is this just a cute gadget, or does someone use it for a helpful purpose?

I use mine all the time when hitching and unhitching. I have the Blue Ox bed saver mounted on my TS3 hitch so the remote is very handy when raising the landing gear from inside the truck.

Ricky

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
when our manual slide switches failed the remote was the only way to retract and extend them

asherwin

Use our remote all the time. When hitching to raise/lower front landing gear. When opening or closing slides as Kim monitors what is happening inside and I keep an eye on the outside. When opening or closing the awning, and lastly to turn on/off the scare lights. We find it invaluable and would miss it greatly.

VKTalley

That's what I thought you were talking about. We use ours when needing to watch a slide as it extends and extending the awning when it is raining as we are approaching the rig. It's nice being able to get out of the vehicle and dash under the awning and open the door without getting too wet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wait, what remote? Anyone with a 2016 BC have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Wait, what remote? Anyone with a 2016 BC have one?

Erika, that remote, we had one for our '14 BH, was discontinued. No remote for our '17 built in 7/16.

Noofear

I have one in my 2015 Bighorn and since I'm by myself I do use it all the time, I'll run the slides out after checking inside to make sure everything's cool and then I'll continue to keep running them out, it's also handy to use hitching the trailer, along with the stair light it's very useful to have

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk