Remove the universal docking center?

wyleyrabbit

How does one remove the universal docking center so that I can replace the floor underneath? Is it screwed in somewhere? Is it glued to the ceiling? I can't find the screws to remove this thing.

taskswap

Can you share a photo so we know what variant you have? Most of the ones I've seen have had screws through their face frames that are easy to remove. Maybe yours is fastened from underneath or behind...?

wyleyrabbit

I don't have a picture of the friendly side of the UDC handy, but here's one from the back.

It's tricky to see in the picture, but there's nothing underneath it as I've already removed the rotten wood that was under it. The red bit at the bottom is some tape to seal the hole left from the winterizing brass a-b valve that seized up on me and I had to replace it with a different kind.

I'm seriously considering just building a new "UDC" box that would including only the essentials, remove the stupid leaky outdoor shower (which is the source of my rotten floor) and replace it with a pex-to-garden hose spigot so that I can hook up a regular garden hose to the trailer instead. But, before I can begin that project, I have to remove this UDC first.

I really appreciate your help, taskswap!

Attachments

• udc-back.jpg
    udc-back.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 26

taskswap

Ha, don't call it "help" until it works. :) You may have a pop-off front trim on the front side of that. Probe around with a flat-head and see if there's any give. Usually there are some tabs you need to work a flat blade or driver under to separate them, then the real screws will be behind that plate.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The “friendly side” of mine has 2 screws at the top just inside the UDC

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mine has two screws on top like Lyle but they are covered by a piece of aluminum angle which is held by two screws.

Peace
Dave