Replacing basement floor, have questions

wyleyrabbit

Hi everyone,

I've finally begun the horrible job of replacing the basement floor of our 2009 Bighorn 3055RL. Over the winter, the rot continued from when water got under the rubber mat and destroyed much of the thin OSB wood such that I could crumble it with my hand. I now have almost all of the rotten plywood removed, except for under the water heater and under the universal docking station ("UDC").

Also, for anyone that wonders how mice and/or rats get into their trailer...there are huge holes, about 1.5" in diameter in the front frame that go into the front storage area presumably for wires/cables. Heartland used 2 of the holes for cables and left 3 of them wide open. So if a mouse climbs up the front landing gear legs and gets into the front compartment, it'll have full run of the trailer's underbelly. I'll be sealing these holes obviously.

Today I will be doing the new plywood floor, but it will be a much easier job if I can remove the UDC and the water heater.

I cannot figure out what the UDC is connected to. How is this thing screwed into the trailer? All I see are a couple of screws on the bottom, which I removed yet it's still solidly attached. Has anyone removed their UDC? If so, how?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we had the 3670, I taped wire mesh over the grame holes then used spray expansion foam over it to hold it. For openings with wires or struts, a piece of old inner tube with a slot to a hole just big enough to fit over the object, screwed to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk