Roof Plywood(?) separating?

I just purchased a new 2023 29FLR about 4 weeks ago. I just noticed that there seems to be some separation of the plywood/osb under the rubber roof at one of the seams. I have reached out to the dealer just yet as I wanted to hear from other heartland owners to see if the have experienced the same thing. Isn’t the roof bonded?

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpeg
    IMG_2312.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a process during manufacturing where the flat roof is kinda snapped at a seam to follow the bend at the front, over the bedroom of the roofline.
So depending on where you are seeing that separation it could be normal.

Peace
Dave

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Like Dave says. Our ‘17 Bighorn hasn’t a flat roof from cap to cap but several different planes. At each change the seam between each panel is evident
As long as the roof membrane isn’t compromised I agree it’s normal

Lyle

Last edited:
The seam separation seems to be about 10’-12’ from the front living space. I do see seam joints but this one is sticking out more than the others. Thanks for the reply’s.

rhodies1

Looking at the picture . I would not be happy. Looks like the staples are popping. See if you can push the section down and see if it pops back up. Also feel to see if there are any staples sticking up out of the wood.

Dahillbilly

mine has that along the length of the camper (both sides) where the rolled edge is; 2018 no problems yet.

mine has that along the length of the camper (both sides) where the rolled edge is; 2018 no problems yet.
My dealer contacted the sales rep that emailed me and said as long as the wood is not popping through the membrane to keep an eye on it and and they will document it on their end. I did ask them how the wood is secured to the framing but they have yet to respond. Thanks to all for the replies. This helps seeing that others have had the same things happen and have not had any issues.