Roof tear

Tinwindow3

Hi friends!
Noticed today what appears to be a tear in my roof. 2022 bighorn traveler. I am wondering two things,
A. Does anyone feel it’s the frame coming apart, I’ve read horror stories about that. But it just seems 2 new
B. More likely I feel a limb that scraped the side, see it in 2 places near each other. I can see aluminum in a small area. It seems to be a tear, any idea on how to repair it?

Attachments

• IMG_6384.jpeg
    IMG_6384.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26

Tinwindow3

Thanks! Do I need any other sealers etc? Is it fairly permanent, I’m a mess I spent soo much money. Do you think it was snagged by something or a frame issue

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Based on your picture, notice the scuff on the black trim???? I’d say it was a limb.
Smooth out the roof material and apply a strip or two of eternabond tape. I’d make sure it comes down over that trim piece just above the gutter
It comes in several colors. I have a roll of tan

Lyle

Bogie

Based on your picture, notice the scuff on the black trim???? I’d say it was a limb.
Smooth out the roof material and apply a strip or two of eternabond tape. I’d make sure it comes down over that trim piece just above the gutter
It comes in several colors. I have a roll of tan

Lyle
I agree. It also looks like there are some scratches in the fiberglass. Looks exactly what a tree would do.

RoadJunkie

Clean the repair area extremely well, use alcohol as the final cleaner, and then use Eternabond TPO repair tape. Be absolutely sure that you place the tape in the desired position from the beginning because the tape cannot be removed without damage to the roof membrane. The tape adheres extremely well to the roof membrane.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Eternabond is the only way to go. I've got a couple patches on my roof from when a tree jumped out at me as I was driving by. Been on there for about seven or eight years now.

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

I used the Eternabond in a cple ares of concern before I had the Flex Armor done. Not that I had a def issues, just a precaution. Installer said that the tape can also trap moisture, so I'd suggest along what others have said in prepping it, make sure it's as dry as possible before installing the tape.

Hi friends!
Noticed today what appears to be a tear in my roof. 2022 bighorn traveler. I am wondering two things,
A. Does anyone feel it’s the frame coming apart, I’ve read horror stories about that. But it just seems 2 new
B. More likely I feel a limb that scraped the side, see it in 2 places near each other. I can see aluminum in a small area. It seems to be a tear, any idea on how to repair it?
You can buy repair tape at any camper supply store. If it is bad enough, your insurance should pay to replace it, minus your deductible.

wdk450

Clean the repair area extremely well, use alcohol as the final cleaner, and then use Eternabond TPO repair tape. Be absolutely sure that you place the tape in the desired position from the beginning because the tape cannot be removed without damage to the roof membrane. The tape adheres extremely well to the roof membrane.
I have removed Eternabond tape from my front cap seal (for repairs involving front cap removal) with a high powered heat gun, and a lot of care, as the heat gun could also melt the membrane.

david-steph2018

Hi friends!
As mentioned above, check with your insurance. We had a Flex Armor roof installed in November 2023.

Our insurance adjuster came out seen a couple of patches and review my maintenance records and the insurance covered it under collision. The deductible was $250.