RW310 No Heat in bedroom.

tronqui

Looking for advice please. We realized there was no heat coming out of the vent in the bedroom of our Road Warrior 310 late last season. Froze to death during a High Unitas mountain trip.

The flex tub was not attached to the vent, the dealer attached it. However there is still no air flow. I can feel heat when the furnace has been running for awhile on the heater vent, but there is no air circulation.

We closed all other vents in the trailer, we could barely feel air circulation in the bedroom when we do this. Yet, all the other vents blow a decent amount of air. I personally checked the flex tub for any obstructions and made sure it was attached. This will be the third time I've asked the dealer to resolve the issue. I was told that's just the way it is by the service tech. I escalated the issue.

It's the furthest away from the furnace, but my guess is there is something in the duct in the floor. Has anyone ever had the manufacturer pay to install another furnace? The unit is still under factory warranty.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Seems to me your dealer does not want to spend the time to find and fix the issue. Have they looked to see if the duct is connected the the heater plenum?? Call HL service, explain your issue and ask for a independent RV service near you that only does repairs. HL can authorize them to do the repair under warranty. Forget your dealer as they are not their to help you...so it seems.

danemayer

Hi tronqui,

It's the furthest away from the furnace, but my guess is there is something in the duct in the floor. Has anyone ever had the manufacturer pay to install another furnace? The unit is still under factory warranty.

The furnace is warranted by its manufacturer. So if your dealer calls Suburban to request approval to replace the furnace, Suburban's warranty dep't will ask some diagnostic questions, including simple ones, like with the bedroom duct disconnected at the furnace, is there air coming out of the furnace.

The installation is warranted by Heartland. So if they kinked the duct, or didn't remove the furnace knockout, or something like that, Heartland will pay to have that corrected.

I'm afraid I agree with Bob. Your dealer is not trying hard enough to find the problem.

And btw, most manufacturers don't pay dealers more than once to fix the same problem. Now that the dealer's been paid, they need to stand behind their work.

If you take it to another shop, you'll want to talk with Heartland in advance to make sure they will pay a 2nd time. They may balk and tell you to go back to the first dealer.

tronqui

Thanks for the advice. That was not an option I had though of.

They just picked it up tonight to finish the other unfinished warranty work. The service department will be taking another look at the furnace.