Salesmen ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster58

Anyone know how to tell if a salesman is lying? I do. Their lips are moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

dewwood

Re: Salesmen suck

I understand the frustration. I am not the most informed person but usually have a pretty good idea what I am looking for when shopping. It is extremely frustrating to have a salesperson that has no grasp of the products they are selling, it is like they are infringing on your time.

dave10a

I understand the frustration. I am not the most informed person but usually have a pretty good idea what I am looking for when shopping. It is extremely frustrating to have a salesperson that has no grasp of the products they are selling, it is like they are infringing on your time.

X2 Caveat emptor

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Wow pretty big brush you are painting with and you don't even know me.

CoveredWagon

Wow pretty big brush you are painting with and you don't even know me.

I gotta go along with you on this one. I found a couple of great sales gals, one for the Rv (April at Lakeshore Rv) and Sandy at the Chevy dealer. They both worked hard for us, especially Sandy, before and after the sale. Both units were purchased via the internet and over the phone. Couldn't have had a better experience. And let me also say, they both really knew their stuff. 👍

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

About the only forked tongue salesmen I've run into were used cars ones years ago. I no longer buy any used vehicle. And the saleswoman at General RV that sold us the TT and then the Bighorn was great. She and her husband now own Northern RV in Gaylord. Still remembers me when I stop in for parts.

Kbvols

Generally I find most sales people are honest folks just trying to make a living. Many of which are working days/shifts that most people don't. I hold myself accountable to be an informed buyer/purchaser.
The internet in a lot of ways has changed the dynamics of the buying process. I rarely if ever buy a large ticket item without being "armed and loaded" with knowledge about what I am considering purchasing.

When we bought our Bighorn earlier this year the sales lady was upfront with me. She told me I am sure you have more specific knowledge than I but will answer what she can and call the factory on specific questions she could not answer. Fair enough in my opinion.
Sure I guess some sales people will tell you things to make you feel good about what they are selling that is their job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rooster58

Not going into complete detail here but as the OP I'll kinda explain. I went into the situation totally educated with only one stipulation that would cause me to walk away. The salesman assured me that there was no problem at all. Even had communication a couple days after saying that he verified that the situation would not happen. I found out that he didn't verify crap and knew full well he was feeding me a line of crap just to make a sale. The sale is still going to happen but I'm not happy at all with it.

Mrsfish

Not going into complete detail here but as the OP I'll kinda explain. I went into the situation totally educated with only one stipulation that would cause me to walk away. The salesman assured me that there was no problem at all. Even had communication a couple days after saying that he verified that the situation would not happen. I found out that he didn't verify crap and knew full well he was feeding me a line of crap just to make a sale. The sale is still going to happen but I'm not happy at all with it.

so maybe the correct title should be 'Liars suck'...I'm pretty patient, even understand incorrect information JUST DONT LIE TO ME.

jassson007

I'm in sales and while not rv's or cars I still don't appreciate the very broad brush. Yes I too dislike some sales people but that is my personality coming out but I don't call them all liars just like I don't call all engineers or weathermen liars either. If you would have made the quoted post first I could understand but you went the wrong way about it and and called out a lot of good people.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

I'm in sales and while not rv's or cars I still don't appreciate the very broad brush. Yes I too dislike some sales people but that is my personality coming out but I don't call them all liars just like I don't call all engineers or weathermen liars either. If you would have made the quoted post first I could understand but you went the wrong way about it and and called out a lot of good people.

Agree!!

wrgrs50s

What the OP probably meant, or should have said, is that some salesman suck. And yes some are quite annoying when they act like they know it all and keep giving their pitch instead of listening to the customer. There is a difference in a professional and someone posing as professional. I have much respect for a true professional that is straight up and knows their business well.

I was being shown a new rig by a salesman once and he was touting that he got into sales after being in Service, so I figured he would know his stuff. I asked him if the slides on the unit I was looking at were electric or hydraulic, he said probably, I said probably what, he said what slide are you talking about, I said any of them on this rig. He said I'll have to check and then he went on with his sales pitch. I then asked because I seen a Mohride decal on the suspension about that and he had no idea what or how anything worked. He had a sales pitch down and anything other than that he was clueless. It happens...... a new guy just trying to bluff his way thru rather than just say, Hey I'm new, I don't know anything but will find out any answers you need. I can respect that, just as the OP, I don't like wasting my time with someone who is unprofessional.

jassson007

What the OP probably meant, or should have said, is that some salesman suck. And yes some are quite annoying when they act like they know it all and keep giving their pitch instead of listening to the customer. There is a difference in a professional and someone posing as professional. I have much respect for a true professional that is straight up and knows their business well.

I was being shown a new rig by a salesman once and he was touting that he got into sales after being in Service, so I figured he would know his stuff. I asked him if the slides on the unit I was looking at were electric or hydraulic, he said probably, I said probably what, he said what slide are you talking about, I said any of them on this rig. He said I'll have to check and then he went on with his sales pitch. I then asked because I seen a Mohride decal on the suspension about that and he had no idea what or how anything worked. He had a sales pitch down and anything other than that he was clueless. It happens...... a new guy just trying to bluff his way thru rather than just say, Hey I'm new, I don't know anything but will find out any answers you need. I can respect that, just as the OP, I don't like wasting my time with someone who is unprofessional.

Here is his original post

Nothing in there about what he finally posted about just generalizing about an entire profession that does not always deserve it. Had he started with his second post he would not sound like what some of us think he might be.

Rooster58

Here is his original post

Nothing in there about what he finally posted about just generalizing about an entire profession that does not always deserve it. Had he started with his second post he would not sound like what some of us think he might be.

So tell me how you really feel? Lol. I'm not overly sensitive. I see that poster #2 got the gist of my first post. Then a bunch of people got their panties in a wad so I tried to explain without calling someone out. Sorry I hurt anyone's feelings. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.