Satellite in Greyston 33ck 2012

TxFireguy

We recently purchased a 2012 Greystone 33ck. We have tvs in the living room, master bedroom and rear bunkroom. I am planning on buy a portable self aiming dish. I have one incoming "satellite" hookup outside that I know of. If I connect the coax to the one connection in the back and I have 2 receivers, can I watch different programs? Or do I need 2 run the second coax directly to the 2nd receiver?

jimtoo

HI TxFireguy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't think you can split a single cable for satellite on 2 receivers. But we will have more info from smarter folks soon I am sure.

Enjoy your new to you Greystone and check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Jim M

danemayer

HI TxFireguy,

Sounds like you have a satellite wire that goes to a single location inside the RV, so you'll have to run another wire to the 2nd receiver location.

When shopping equipment, check the self-aiming dishes carefully. Many support only 1 receiver. A few support 2 receivers. Assuming you'll be subscribing to Dish Network, you'll also want to get receivers capable of high definition. In fact, you'll want to check the receiver specs and the dish specs carefully to make sure they're compatible and deliver the features you want. Also one limitation of Dish is that the dishes get programs from more than one satellite. The 2 receivers can watch different programs, but only 2 different programs coming from the same satellite. You can also subscribe to Directv, but on carryout dishes, you can only get standard definition TV. To get high-def on Directv, you need a rooftop mounted Winegard Traveler.

Our Getting Started with Satellite TV Guide might be helpful.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We just got the Winguard Anser portable satellite a few days ago.

Winegard GM-5000 Carryout Anser Portable Satellite Antenna https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009P0QGRM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ZhREvbY2G5W8W

Really simple set up. Set the elevation and it finds the satellite automatically. We have Dish at home, so $7 more. Did a single receiver. The Anser is set up for 2 lines but the Elkridge is only prewired for one line to the living room. Already have plans on a second receiver and running a line to the bedroom. Great set up video on YouTube. We will give it a test run at Goshen next week.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have the Wingard "carry out" dome/dish. It has 2 outputs, but not HD TV. They have a ladder mount, which I used and has been great. Self aiming and we can watch different programs each TV. BTW, it supports Directv and Dish with flick of a switch in the dish/dome. Having HD TV is great, but what the heck....your camping.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have and use the Winguard Carryout also with Direct TV. We have been happy with it.