Screw size for window frame

I will be getting my replacement window soon and I would like to have extra screws available "just in case".
Do you know what size they are?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240813_133810.jpg
    20240813_133810.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

taskswap

They are almost certainly #8's, they are used by the hundreds in every RV I've ever owned. I sometimes see larger screws used for things like fender skirts but you could do a lot worse building out a fix-it toolbox for an RV than getting a few packs of these in different lengths. They're available inexpensively on Amazon in 100-packs and you can find them by looking for "8x1 rv screw". 1" seems to be the most common length used. Get white or black depending on your trim (black in your case).

As travelin2 noted you can just remove one to see what it is. The most common time it WON'T be an 8x1 is if the window manufacturer themselves included hardware with their product, which does happen sometimes. That doesn't mean you can't use an 8x1 to replace it but if you want a specific match you'll have to pull one. Don't be thrown off if the very tip of the screw looks different. Most RV screws are self-drilling, except when they aren't. They hold exactly the same but if it isn't self-drilling it just means you usually need to make a small pilot hole. Takes a bit longer, so you can see why manufacturers usually use self-drilling type screws to save assembly time.