Second battery??

Grey Ghost

I have a 2011 Greystone that has one battery in the front storage ben. I want to add an additional battery. The first battery is in a sunken battery case, which is great, however the second battery would just sit on the top of the ben itself and be attached to the first battery that is sunken. How would one secure the second battery so it doesn't slide all over and has anyone out there every put a second battery in a Greystone?:cool: Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

brianharrison

I put a second battery in my previous SOB unit - I used a second case (like this one) and tied the two vents together to make sure the offgasses during charge did not vent into my non-vented compartment. I tied the vents together because I did not want to install the second vent screen on the outside of the unit. If you do not need it vented, you can use a battery box like this - and find a long strap to strap the two boxes together? In some cases, I have screwed the strap down (with flush head screws) and used the secured strap to hold everything in place.

Good practise is to mate two similar capacity and age batteries together - depending on the age of your old battery you may want to consider two new batteries. In that case you may want to consider upgrading to 2 6 volt golf cart batteries such as Trojan T105s.

Hope this gets you started.
Brian