Sewer Boom

btmauser

Aren't the 2011 Bighorns suppose to have the New swing out sewer boom on them? Our 2011 does not and we are very curious.
Thank you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just for the information of others, the sewer booms were discontinued in mid August.
You want mine?

Peace
Dave

Pizzaguy

I removed mine after thie first trip out. The Lippert sewer boom is a great idea but needs more R&D to be functional. They should take a look at the type used on the Excel fifth wheels.

ihsolutions

Wow. I agree it's not perfect but I love my sewer boom. I wish it held a bit more hose than the 20' I have stuffed in it, but good enough. It makes for such a clean and simple experience whether at full hookups or the dump station.

It is critical, however, to make sure you have plenty of grey to flush out following the black, since this design makes it more difficult to wash the hose out afterwards.

DougS

Doug S
I lost my sewer boom while traveling, it is only held on by a cotter pin. I have plans on replacing the cotter pin on the new unit with a 1/4 inch clevis pin. While waiting for the replacement boom, I did miss the system. Sorry to hear it is discontinued.

jbeletti

It seemed like a pretty cool thing to have. What was the downside?

I am not in a position to speak for why Heartland discontinued this item. But I can tell you from my own personal experience that I felt it was not a fully developed product. That is personal opinion only and it may not be shared by Heartland or product owners as a whole and certainly is not shared by Lippert - the manufacturer.

Jim

caissiel

I had one on my previous trailer and took it off after the first hose broke after one season. What a dirty mess it was.
Tried to use a heavier duty hose and it didn't work. Not usefull in colder weather hose got to hard and broke again.
Its a very dirty thing, and imposible to wash other then using gray water.
Still have it behind the garage rotting. Should throw it away but its still dirty.

ChopperBill

Jim when they discontinued the boom did they relocate the sewer pipe? Ours is somewhat under the living room slide and would be easier to use if it was centered up between the kitchen and the living room more. Could stand to stick out a few inches longer from under the trailer also.

PSF513

My 2011 BH 3610 has the sewer boom and I can tell you that, for me, it is a "love - Hate" relationship. I agree with Jim that it is far from fully developed. Because it is ribbed inside and out (in order to flex) and your sewer hose is ribbed, one hangs inside the other and it is very problematic. Also, the water-tight plug for the end of your sewer hose will not fit inside the boom end so the only thing keeping "liquids" from dripping is the less than water-tight plastic cap on the boom. I suggested a couple ideas to the factory and they told me that they were unacceptable.
Time will tell what they do with this.

Moose

I am not in a position to speak for why Heartland discontinued this item. But I can tell you from my own personal experience that I felt it was not a fully developed product. That is personal opinion only and it may not be shared by Heartland or product owners as a whole and certainly is not shared by Lippert - the manufacturer.

Jim

Inexperienced as I am to this RV life, from what I have read so far, I get the impression Lippert may have a lot of "dandy" products. LOL just kidding. Actually I didn't even know I had one on my RV until I read this thread. Was not advised of it during walk thru nor did I receive any paperwork/manuals on it. Have only hooked up RV once and put away for the loooooong Canadian winter.

That's why I like this forum so much. Alas, I have so much to learn.

DISCLAIMER: The preceeding statement does not reflect my personal experience or opinion. (don't send the ambulance chasers after me please. LOL)