Slide Leak and Water Pump issue

2012 New North Trail...We are having water pump and water leak problems as well. The pump stays on a great deal of the time and the noise is so annoying. They said the leak was in the shower. We also see one near the outside shower, and my husband found another one now. I cannot recall where he said this one is. The ac seems very loud as well. Did we get a reject or what? We live an hour away from the service dept and my spouse works 6 hours away as military active duty and returns home on weekends. This has all been time consuming for us. Not to mention any time left for camping. This has been a nightmare for us. He has to drive the trailer into service, not me! This takes our time away from one another.
We are also having jack problems. They are sticking. We also are having tv /radio reception and sound problems. The locks on the main doors seem like something sticks. Our one storage door keeps flying open. I cannot believe we have a new trailer with these kinds of problems. What's next for us? What will it be? What about our warranty? U never know until you use the trailer what will happen/ My spouse was on 2 deployments so we have only used it recently for 2 weeknd trips. I hope they will still fix it all.
We love this trailer if we could just get the fixes completed. We cannot afford out of pocket cost. We bought the RV so we could be together since he is 6 hours away from our home, I can go up there with him and we would be near the base. They just have to fix it all. We just have not been able to use our RV as for my husband being deployed. You don't know what needs fixing until u actually utilise the trailer.
What I am afraid of with the water leaks is mildew and mold later on, if these are not corrected fully. I do hope Heartland will serve us well. I have the faith in them. After all, that is why we chose Heartland.

danemayer

Re: Slide Leaks Rain Water into Trailer

2012 New North Trail...We are having water pump and water leak problems as well. The pump stays on a great deal of the time and the noise is so annoying.

Hi tomsheathillside,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I'm sorry you're going through these shakedown problems. One thing I'd suggest, if your water pump runs when you don't have a faucet open, you have a leak and need to shut off the pump. Then the leak has to be found.

Given the difficulties with getting to the dealer, I'd suggest you make them aware of your situation and ask if they can work with you so you don't have to give up your husband to get the trailer fixed.

You might also want to give Heartland Customer Service a call at 877-262-8032 (have your Vin # ready) to let them know what you're going through. They might be able to point you to a closer dealer who can help.

Shakedown problems are frustrating, but hopefully you'll get past them soon and will be able to enjoy yourself.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

2012 New North Trail...We are having water pump and water leak problems as well. The pump stays on a great deal of the time and the noise is so annoying. They said the leak was in the shower. We also see one near the outside shower, and my husband found another one now. I cannot recall where he said this one is. The ac seems very loud as well. Did we get a reject or what? We live an hour away from the service dept and my spouse works 6 hours away as military active duty and returns home on weekends. This has all been time consuming for us. Not to mention any time left for camping. This has been a nightmare for us. He has to drive the trailer into service, not me! This takes our time away from one another.
We are also having jack problems. They are sticking. We also are having tv /radio reception and sound problems. The locks on the main doors seem like something sticks. Our one storage door keeps flying open. I cannot believe we have a new trailer with these kinds of problems. What's next for us? What will it be? What about our warranty? U never know until you use the trailer what will happen/ My spouse was on 2 deployments so we have only used it recently for 2 weeknd trips. I hope they will still fix it all.
We love this trailer if we could just get the fixes completed. We cannot afford out of pocket cost. We bought the RV so we could be together since he is 6 hours away from our home, I can go up there with him and we would be near the base. They just have to fix it all. We just have not been able to use our RV as for my husband being deployed. You don't know what needs fixing until u actually utilise the trailer.
What I am afraid of with the water leaks is mildew and mold later on, if these are not corrected fully. I do hope Heartland will serve us well. I have the faith in them. After all, that is why we chose Heartland.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are having these problems, but they are fixable. Having to take it to the dealer to be fixed is frustrating, especially for those of us who are still having to show up to work everyday. Please don't give up. Since you are in Oakridge (we live in Klamath Falls), I'm guessing your dealer is Guaranty in Jct. City. I have not dealt with their service dept. but their sales dept. was very helpful during our rally last month. You might try contacting the manager or even owner to help you get things moving while you have it there so you don't have to keep making trips. You could also call HL Customer Service if that doesn't help.

People here are very helpful and might be able to help you or your husband do some of the stuff like fix a loose water connection without the trip. That is the kind of thing that can happen to anyone at any time on the road. Also, don't be afraid to learn to drive the truck with the trailer. Some of us have given it a try and its not so bad. It is important that you be able to do everything with the trailer that your husband does. Afterall, he may be hurt during a trip and you will need to move the trailer or you might decide to go somewhere with your friends when your husband is deployed.

Hang in there. We are here for you and will help in any way we can.

Kristy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Hi tomsheathillside,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I'm sorry you're going through these shakedown problems. One thing I'd suggest, if your water pump runs when you don't have a faucet open, you have a leak and need to shut off the pump. Then the leak has to be found.

Given the difficulties with getting to the dealer, I'd suggest you make them aware of your situation and ask if they can work with you so you don't have to give up your husband to get the trailer fixed.

You might also want to give Heartland Customer Service a call at 877-262-8032 (have your Vin # ready) to let them know what you're going through. They might be able to point you to a closer dealer who can help.

Shakedown problems are frustrating, but hopefully you'll get past them soon and will be able to enjoy yourself.

Definitely contact Heartland and get them involved. And if Heartland is listening, this might be a good time to show your support for the troops by sending them a mobile tech gratis.