SOLVED: Front landing gear switch (Big Country)

rvnutts

Hello. We need to replace the toggle switch for the landing legs of our 2013 (2012 manufacturing) 3250ts. It has 6 plates on back. So many different kinds online and I want to be sure to get the right one. Thanks for any help.
Lynn

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Big Country - Landing legs toggle switch

Hello. We need to replace the toggle switch for the landing legs of our 2013 (2012 manufacturing) 3250ts. It has 6 plates on back. So many different kinds online and I want to be sure to get the right one. Thanks for any help.
Lynn

Is there manufacturers info on the back? If so, contact them. You may find it on JR Products website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

Likely a DPDT switch from your description.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Or just take it to a local RV parts store and get the right one...

That way no back and forth mailing when the wrong part keeps coming from the online retailer!

wdk450

Lynn

You can also call Heartland Service (877-262-8032) with your VIN number at the ready, and they should be able to identify the part for you. Heartland Owners Members get a discount on parts from them.

If you disconnect and take the old switch in for replacement, take a picture of the wiring, or make a drawing denoting which color wires go where. There SHOULD be manufacturer's markings on the old switch, although it may be attached to the cover plate. I would look to see that any replacement switch has the same (or greater) amps ratings.

MTPockets

If you have in your town the industrial supplier WW Grainger, go there... you’ll get a much better quality switch at 1/3 the price of an RV parts store... this is a common switch used by many industries...

rvnutts

Well it's been awhile but I thought I would update. I took VLAURIE advise and ordered part from my local Napa store. Perfect! Thanks again all for great help! I'm getting ready to do some simple mods to the living and kitchen area. Can't wait to post my pics!