SOLVED: Lack of Hot water with Electric

carl.swoyer

Call suburban customer service. They sent me new thermostats for both ac and propane. Replaced both and plenty of hot water in .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am having an issue with not enough hot water while on electric mode of our Suburban SW12DE water heater. I changed the element, made sure to be in NORMAL position on by-pass valve and checked the UDC faucet to make sure that is in the off positions. I hit the reset on the HIGH LIMIT switch and thermostat switch and still luke warm water. Presently running on GAS and ELECTRIC to supply enough hot water for showers. Any ideas where to go next? Try another element or trouble shoot HIGH LIMIT switch? :confused:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: Lack of Hot water with Electric

Must say never thought of that approach. Bet they also sent it no charge. Oh well hopefully I can remember this next time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

murry135

Well it is solved. Lack of hot water due to bad Hi Limit switch for the 120volt side of the hot water heater. Purhcased new Hi Limit switch/thermostat from Amazon and installed in minutes and hot water shortly there after. Thanks again to all that help out with suggestions.

porthole

Retired

QUOTE=murry135;521911]Well it is solved. Lack of hot water due to bad Hi Limit switch for the 120volt side of the hot water heater. Purhcased new Hi Limit switch/thermostat from Amazon and installed in minutes and hot water shortly there after. Thanks again to all that help out with suggestions.[/QUOTE]

SHouldhavecalledmetwoweeksago (did you know this spacing issue doesn't happen every time?)

Should have called me two weeks ago :rolleyes:

Will take picture and post my findings when new switch is delivered and installs

Well ?

murry135

Re: Lack of Hot water with Electric "SOLVED"

OOOPS parts discarded. One terminal on switch was fried. Had to also put new spade connector on one terminal.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk