SOLVED: OMG where is the power

Bob Vaughn

We got to this campground and plugged into the 50 amp plug, then went inside and found no microwave power, the plugs over the sink do not work the fireplace does not work and the ground fault plug and the water heater does not work. I switched to the 30 amp plug and nothing worked. It is mind boggling that nothing works.......some of the plugs work.....I wonder if my surge protector could have gone bad.....

danemayer

Re: OMG where is the power

Hi Bob,

If some plugs work and others don't, the L1 from the pedestal may be dead. When you use the 50-30 adapter, it's probably using only L1. If you have a meter, you can verify this at the pedestal.

wdk450

You need a voltmeter and start patiently going down the circuit(s) from source of power to load. If you have a 30 amp extension cable, or can easily move, trying another power pedestal might be a good idea. Maybe try resetting the park pedestal circuit breakers. From what you describe I would guess you have a problem in your trailer power cord or trailer power input connector, since that was the electrical conductor most recently connected after you previously had good power at your last site.

Do you have the generator prep package? There have been reports of loose wirenut connections involved with these, and sometimes problems with the contacts on the transfer switch.

Bob Vaughn

We got to this campground and plugged into the 50 amp plug, then went inside and found no microwave power, the plugs over the sink do not work the fireplace does not work and the ground fault plug and the water heater does not work. I switched to the 30 amp plug and nothing worked. It is mind boggling that nothing works.......some of the plugs work.....I wonder if my surge protector could have gone bad.....
As it turned out the power cord was at its limit and when I added the extension and took the pressure off the plug where it goes into the camper and when I Jiggled it and tightened it every thing came back on....I feel so dumb especially after all the things I have done....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

As it turned out the power cord was at its limit and when I added the extension and took the pressure off the plug where it goes into the camper and when I Jiggled it and tightened it every thing came back on....I feel so dumb especially after all the things I have done....

Don't feel dumb, you may have saved someone else from having the same problem. Every setback with trailer ownership is a learning experience for all of us when you post.

Heck, ima girl, and I can tell you a lot about trailer suspension and plumbing and wiring and such -- all learned here on the forum!

And we ALL have OMG moments. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk