Somewhat disappointed

IAMJOND

Hello everyone I’m Wayne. We recently purchased a brand new 2022 30RBK, and absolutely love the interior and exterior design elements and space that it provides our family of 6 while camping. However, during our first trip to Prescott, the window treatments fell off, bathroom outlet popped out (before anyone even used it), the conversion table in the kids room collapsed with my 3 year old on it going to bed due to the bench gap being too wide, the main table bases came from the floor while we were eating, the arm rest treatment separated completely, and the shower curtain rod fell down. Is this TT an anomaly or is this type of “quality” typical of Heartland TT’s?

Thanks,
Wayne

tank1949

Hello everyone I’m Wayne. We recently purchased a brand new 2022 30RBK, and absolutely love the interior and exterior design elements and space that it provides our family of 6 while camping. However, during our first trip to Prescott, the window treatments fell off, bathroom outlet popped out (before anyone even used it), the conversion table in the kids room collapsed with my 3 year old on it going to bed due to the bench gap being too wide, the main table bases came from the floor while we were eating, the arm rest treatment separated completely, and the shower curtain rod fell down. Is this TT an anomaly or is this type of “quality” typical of Heartland TT’s?

Thanks,
Wayne
I have experienced similar. These trailers look great, but they are cheaply made. My dealer is 75 miles away @ 5 bucks a gallon for diesel. Now, my hydraulics have crapped out. We purchased in 2/21 and have only had 2 successful camping experiences. I suspect we have a lemon made on Friday or Monday. Good luck!

IAMJOND

Wow, I’m feeling the same way! For the money these things cost, you would expect a little more durability. Oh well, I guess we just have to make lemonade…lol

tank1949

Wow, I’m feeling the same way! For the money these things cost, you would expect a little more durability. Oh well, I guess we just have to make lemonade…lol
My wife had to have it. Pretty always sells!!!!! At 72 at the time, I didn't need another headache or expense. I have owned and own several saltwater boats that always needed maintenance, but they were durable and cables, wires, etc were easily accessible. Good luck!

IAMJOND

My wife had to have it. Pretty always sells!!!!! At 72 at the time, I didn't need another headache or expense. I have owned and own several saltwater boats that always needed maintenance, but they were durable and cables, wires, etc were easily accessible. Good luck!
Thanks you too!

jude

Bought a new 375 Road Warrior 2-26 -2022 it’s been in the dealership since 3-4 for warranty no furnace duct in under belly to floor vents and missing trim around slide out , several other things haven’t even put anything in it got it home a turned on the furnace and no air . We traded our trailer in so we have missed two trips already have another one planned I’m going to pick it up on the 12th fixed or not we have had the reservations for a year

IAMJOND

Wow that sucks, I’ve had it back in service once already and it goes back in on the 4th. After over 40k spent, I’m not happy at all.

jude

Yes over 2 months waiting on parts but I see new ones still coming in to the dealership not happy at all. I should have just fixed it myself but I didn’t want to void the warranty but at this rate warranty will be up before it gets fix

wdk450

Does Heartland still let owners get warranty repairs done at the RV repairer of the owner's choice? (Not necessarily the selling dealer). Used to even include mobile repairers, but owners had to pay the on-site travel charge.

tank1949

Does Heartland still let owners get warranty repairs done at the RV repairer of the owner's choice? (Not necessarily the selling dealer). Used to even include mobile repairers, but owners had to pay the on-site travel charge.
We contacted a local dealer who would not perform warrantee work ( on trailers not sold at his location) for another 3 months. I suspect the same all over..... Thus, we have to transport ours back to original dealer.

rhodies1

Good morning tank1949: these issues are part of the RV industry.There are only few manufactures so they don’t really have to be competitive in the industry.Most times unless it’s really serious,just fix the issues yourself.If you need parts contact Heartland and they will most likely send them to you.
I see your comment on 5 bucks. Gal for diesel..your lucky...I live in Nova Scotia Canada and Currently we are paying $9.65 per gallon for Diesel and the govt says it will most likely go to $12.00 per gallon by the end of May. These numbers are not typos errors. This is our reality.
Gas is currently 7.64 per gallon

Last edited:

sengli

I seriously doubt the quality issues are just confined to heartland made units. All the manufactures are using the same components and sharing the same rush it out the door mentality. Very sad to see so many issues on a new unit. Do yourself a favor and fix it yourself. I called heartland and they sent me the parts for every warranty issue I have ever had.

KevinK

I saw this on another thread and it should be the first form signed when buying an RV. "Unlike buying a car, you need to be very handy. Relying on the dealer for warranty issues is a slow and many times painful process." Bought our new TT in 9/21. Used twice. First trip water leaking under sink, water heater leaking outside, and no air coming from ducts. Second trip noticed dim red light on electrical panel. Pulled access panel off as I was curious on amount of work space by panel. To my surprise, I found city water line, outside shower hose, water heater lines mixed (rat nest) in with electrical wires and electrical panel and 30amp wire from shore power. Pretty much a show stopper unless you want to risk standing in water dripping from city water inlet onto 30amp line. That was the last time we used it. December 6th scheduled first available appointment for 2/14. I did find a local shop to do the work since dealer was beyond frustrating. They have been great. It's been in shop ever since 2/14 waiting on parts for 21 items identified to be fixed. Lemonade stand open for 8 months now. This picture is the least scary.

WaterPanel.jpg

arisce

Thanks,
Wayne
This forum is good for advice from owners. You can share the same "quality" issues but don't expect this forum to pressure any manufacturer to help us. These manufacturers not being pressured by any group will continue to make "quality" RVs. Yes this is tipycal of the industry. Even if you have a lemon RV; you are pretty much on your own and good luck with that.
Their moto is: The company will back you all the way until it has to.