Stair removal

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Can anyone tell me how to remove the stairs going to the bedroom in our Horn? I need to get at the heater. I had Thought about dynamite.:eek:

jbeletti

I believe the steps are pre-made, then set/secured in place in the RV. As such, they are likely stapled together, set, then screwed into the RV floor and staircase side-walls.

I'd say, remove the carpet, then find/remove the screws holding the staircase into the RV.

I'll try to find out from Production.

Hopefully someone will beat me back here with the information though :)

Jim

2010augusta

There are 3-4 screws holding each step down. I sweep a butter knife between the tread and riser to find the location of the front screws and the carefully search the carpet for the tiny hole that the screw was driven through. remove the screws and then lift it off. It can be done, just take you time. here's proof

Attachments

• DSCN4480 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4480 (Small).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 153

jbeletti

Good call Alan.

Here's what I learned from Production:
Screws are put through the carpet into the treads. Treads are also toe-nailed through the front, into the risers, through the sides and into the bathroom deck.

Jim

talley

Steps are screwed down and the base "toe-nailed"... with long-legged staples and lots of them!! At least in my case. Was able to pull some staples and cut legs of others flush with flooring. Seems like Heartland has an unlimited supply of staples and the triggers on the air-nailers must be set to "auto-rapid fire":D

azbound

Do you have to remove the stairs to get to the Heater? I would think you could remove the panel on that wall in the basement to gain access? Am I all wet?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
AZ, I cant even get to the return air grill for the heater. The stairs are in the way. I need to look under the kitchen sink counter and see if I can access it from there. There is something not quite right. When we use the heater, the counter gets so hot you can fry eggs on it. It does keep your coffee cup warm though. Bob:D