Styrofoam in vents?

Just picked up our 33TBUD and bought it he land night. When we ran the vents for the cooling system, there seemed to be a lot of styrofoam pieces in the lines. Are you able to take off the white vents covers to clean up the styrofoam pieces? Any other ideas on how to clean them out?

Also i am worries about cracking my porch light with the door when it opens all the way. Seems like a minor design flaw.

Cant wait to actually go camping! 1st trip booked next week!

Thanks
Kevin

Sorry for posting in this section. It was one of the only ones I could post in.

danemayer

Hi dadtoandrew,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I moved your post to the North Trail subforum, so hopefully other North Trail owners will chime in shortly with some answers for you.

RoadJunkie

If you have ever unpacked a package that used foam "peanuts" you know that residual break-off scatters everywhere and are charged to stick to your hands, clothes, the box...essentially everywhere you don't want them. Small residual foam from trimming foam insulation is common in the ducting of RVs, in general, and will soon clear themselves. Although annually, when I run the air conditioner, some of the critters still show up; probably knocked around during transit. I don't know what your vent covers look like but mine are the round type that simply pull away from their base. It does take a little courage to pull hard enough to remove them.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Your may have screws holding them in place. As roadjunkie said, It will clear up on its own.

Theresau

Our BH always did this - usually the first time we used the AC.

Just picked up our 33TBUD and bought it he land night. When we ran the vents for the cooling system, there seemed to be a lot of styrofoam pieces in the lines. Are you able to take off the white vents covers to clean up the styrofoam pieces? Any other ideas on how to clean them out?

Also i am worries about cracking my porch light with the door when it opens all the way. Seems like a minor design flaw.

Cant wait to actually go camping! 1st trip booked next week!

Thanks
Kevin

Sorry for posting in this section. It was one of the only ones I could post in.

Managed to get the small vents off and take out as much of the styrofoam as was in the vents out. They are tough little ones to get off, and are on there good and snug for sure. I am sure that we will end up getting more show up when we turn on the AC. Might take a bit though, only 32F here this morning!

Now if only we could get the other small bugs worked out we'd be away. TV is having problems (frame around it was cracked when we took delivery, mentioned to dealer, but nothing done as of yet, said they would look into it AND it doesn't want to turn on sometimes), the metal stove cover when you move it it is too close to the fumehood and now the cover is all scratched, and a part of the trim on the kitchen slid fell off! Not a great start for a new trailer with MAYBE 40 miles since we've picked it up. Not sure if I should be disapointed by my dealer, or Heartland.

Still trying to remain positive that this was the right model to get.

Thanks,
Kevin.

dl_camps

Hi and contrat's on your new Heartland TT. We also have a North Trail and love it, the only thing we miss is the add-a room we had on our pop-up. With our electric awning I guess we really can't put one on. We also had a few minor issues with ours after we brought it home. Nothing major, we fixed them ourselves. All's I can say is that we've had 2 other trailers before, a TT and pop up, both were different companies and both had their little problems. I hope everything will get worked out for you and you enjoy your trailer as much as we do ours. Have a great camping season :)

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hi and contrat's on your new Heartland TT. We also have a North Trail and love it, the only thing we miss is the add-a room we had on our pop-up. With our electric awning I guess we really can't put one on. We also had a few minor issues with ours after we brought it home. Nothing major, we fixed them ourselves. All's I can say is that we've had 2 other trailers before, a TT and pop up, both were different companies and both had their little problems. I hope everything will get worked out for you and you enjoy your trailer as much as we do ours. Have a great camping season :)

If your electric awning is the Carefree of Colorado (CC) version similar to the awning on mine, CC does make an add-a-room that is compatible with the electric awning. I have included two links. First to the owners manual of the CC Vacation'r add-a-room. Second is to the CC Add-a-room Vacation'r product webpage.

http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/docs/tech/052564-010 Vacation'r 2012.pdf
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/products?action=product&productid=51&categoryid=40

This add-a-room may also fit competitor brand awnings, too.

I do not own one of these, yet.