The Ultimate Self Defense Weapon for the RV and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I read The Governor .410 loads are 2 1/2 inch loads. I snake country I prefer the extra shot with the 3" loads I can use in The Judge. Both are versatile and pack a great punch at close range.

porthole

Retired
Correct to the 2.5 - but - 1 extra round. They both have advantages. For me, 2.5 is available everywhere, not so much with 3".

Both revolvers are similar and I'm sure when the Judge came out someone said why didn't we think of that and lets go one step bigger.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
It would be irresponsible to take your family on a trip such as we all do and not have a firearm to protect them.
That is just my opinion. As was said early on...anyone who would look to do harm to my family deserves exactly what they get.

I don't carry a weapon with me and we fulltime. We are wanting to travel through out Canada and go to Alaska. I don't consider I am irresponsible. In the years I have been traveling I have never had to even think about carring a firearm. Now don't think I don't have weapons. I have traveled with a 380 Belgium Colt which was my uncle's WW2 service pistol. I bought me a Carriage shot gun a few years ago which I did carry for a couple of years. In 1983 I carried a friends sawed off shotgun (leagl length). I have Rimington 22 pump, 410, 12 gage pump, plus various others.

I find if you stay in places that are safe you should have no problem. Also like one lady on the Escapees forum when asking about carring a weapon, one of the posters just said he would step outside his RV and yell help and about 20 other campers would come out with various items of defence. I was raised in Wyoming which is a weapons friendly state and have been around hunters and LEO's all my life. I am a member of the NRA, was in the Navy and used various weapons and considered a marksman.

As I raised my daughter. Normally if you go to places where you can get into trouble you should expect to find it.

BC

Tumble Weed

I think it's up to the individual to arm or not to arm
I do have a gun.

I also know most criminals aren’t stupid and some stupid one’s
are still lucky, called dumb luck.
So even if you go to safe area side of town, your first night there
how will I know where that is?
They know where the easy targets are!
So RV’S are easy to break in, older targets for victims.
Easy target high reward. I know full timers have jewelry, money
and some electronic toys. Any one can break in your RV in minutes
And even if your there still more in likely get what they want.
If I shoot my gun it will only be in my RV(home), I won’t step
out and shoot. That makes me more liable.

Thinking someone is safe standing in a door screaming
for help, if she’s so lucky to be able to. Most likely,
what I have found out, some ones screaming in the door,
the crimes already done.

This is what I know.

jdfishing

If anyone is considering buying one of those Kel Tec shotguns, you might want to do it sooner than later. If Senator Feinstein from CA. has her way, it will become illegal based on several of its features. She is introducing her new legislation in January.

dave10a

How many folks have actually needed a fire arm for their RV while camping? I have Camped for the last 50 years and have never felt the need for protection. However I do carry a 44 mag pistol while fishing in the back woods to scare cougars or bears off when they feel I am invading their turf.

lwmcguir

How many folks have actually needed a fire arm for their RV while camping? I have Camped for the last 50 years and have never felt the need for protection. However I do carry a 44 mag pistol while fishing in the back woods to scare cougars or bears off when they feel I am invading their turf.
The fact that many if not most folks do have some type protection does help deter would be robbers and muggers. Having your 44 along when in the outback is something most of us do and has to again help keep some one from making a poor decision. There is a reason that the serious crime rates are higher where most folks are unarmed.

JanAndBill

Normally if you go to places where you can get into trouble you should expect to find it.

As I sit and reflect on years past, I would have to agree that the times I did get in any serious "trouble" were in most case places I shouldn't have been in the first place. Being young and foolish can get you in a lot of "trouble". Now that I'm older I know better (I hope). The trouble is that today there are more crimes of opportunity or chance encounters taking place. Being in a so called "safe" place while still better than the alternative, is no longer a guarantee that you will remain safe. Times have forever changed when your children can't be safe in their school, or movie patrons at the local theater, or walking in the mall. I own several guns, and intend to protect my family if the need arises.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
To me, a gun is like a parachute. If you need one badly and don't have one, you probably will not need one ever again.

davebennington

Jay,

I agree with you we carry a fire extinguisher in the trailer. I hope we never need it but it is there if we do.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.