Tire changing ramp - feedback

NTNewbie

I am considering buying a tire changing ramp (CAMCO) but want to get feedback from others that have tried these. I have a 2017 North Trail 21FBS. I have the wide gap between the axles. Has anyone used these ramps in this configuration? Did it work? From reading the reviews, these do not work on some trailers. The 2nd wheel is not lifted enough to change a tire. Any experiences with this set up is greatly appreciated.

SLO

I’ve had one and it works sometimes but not in every situation. A bottle jack is a good idea but dangerous without jack stands, imo, mostly on unlevel ground. I now use my hydraulic leveling jacks which you don’t have. Have the trailer. If you only have room for one thing, get a bottle jack and make sure it’s as plumb as you can get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rhodies1

Screw 3 pcs of 2 by 6 together staggering them 6 inches. 1st board 30 inches long. Second 24 in long and last 18 inches long. This will create a ramp and you can drive up on to the ramp or back up on them .Only put one wheel up onto the ramp . This will lift the second wheel off the ground for any maintenance requirements.

sengli

I bought one of these ramps for changing tires too, never used so far. I did read somewhere that these tend to put a lot strain on the suspension parts when one wheel is lifted. So I really suggest a bottle jack.

Last edited:

NTNewbie

I ended up buying the bottle jack. Getting the tires replaced on the rig tomorrow. Camping season can't get here soon enough!