Torque T285 tanks

dinosaur

I am the proud new owner of a 2023 Torque T285 to hauler and so far we all LOVE it!! But I do have a question
I see there are 3 drain valves under the camper with 1 for the black tank and I'm guessing the other 2 are for the gray tank. My question is, is there 1 gray tank with 2 drains or do I have 2 tanks? And if 2 tanks what sizes are they?
The specs read 98 fresh, 60 gray, 30 black and when I did a chat with the factory they came back with the sizes for 3 tanks. But my control center shows 2 gray tanks for level check.
Thank you
Ray

Hollandt

I am the proud new owner of a 2023 Torque T285 to hauler and so far we all LOVE it!! But I do have a question
I see there are 3 drain valves under the camper with 1 for the black tank and I'm guessing the other 2 are for the gray tank. My question is, is there 1 gray tank with 2 drains or do I have 2 tanks? And if 2 tanks what sizes are they?
The specs read 98 fresh, 60 gray, 30 black and when I did a chat with the factory they came back with the sizes for 3 tanks. But my control center shows 2 gray tanks for level check.
Thank you
Ray
I have a Fuel 305 which I believe to be the same floor plan as the Torque 285. Mine is an older 2018 but it has three tanks. One Black and two gray tanks. The way mine is plumbed is the kitchen sink goes to the gray tank to the rear and the shower and the bathroom sink goes to the front gray tank. Note that my literature also listed Gray as 60 gal but it is two separate tanks at approx. 30 gals each.

david-steph2018

dinosaur, if you want to find out which drain goes to which tank, get some food coloring. Since you have 2 gray tanks and 3 drains, get 3 different colors. Mix up about 5 gals. and dump down each drain. When dumping see which color comes out. Make sure you write down which color you dump in the drains.

Dahillbilly

have a 2018 T327 with two different grey & black tanks. Black for each toilet, grey for kitchen & rear bath; other grey for main bath sink & shower

dinosaur

Thanks for all the info. What's weird is that I did a "factory chat" when I first brought it home and they came back with a holding tank measuring 58x36x9 - Black - RED, tank holding measuring 28x60x6 - black - LHSD, and a tank freshwater 58x59x7 - REV A. And when you convert the dimensions to gallons, they are very close to what is advertised, so I'm guessing the gray tank has a divider.
I'll do the food coloring test so I can label the gray valves since is you're correct the 30gal for the sink will take forever to fill, and the other will fill after a few showers! LOL
When I had my bunkhouse with 1/2 bath in the back, there was a separate black for that toilet/sink and a gray tank for shower/sink/kitchen with another black for the main toilet.

david-steph2018

Our 2018 Road Warrior has 4 tanks. Two up front and 2 for the rear. The gray up front has the drain from the shower, bathroom sink and the kitchen sink. The rear dray tank takes the small sink and washer drain.

ajtanzer

Thank you
Ray
We have a t285, you have two 30 gallon gray tanks. One is just for the bathroom sink and the other holds your shower and kitchen. Really dumb design, majority of water usage is kitchen sink and shower. We put our two tanks together and eliminated the second pull valve, so much better and useful

dinosaur

Ajtanzer, unless it’s a trade secret, how did you tie the tanks together, so I don’t “reinvent the wheel”?
Thanks
Ray

ajtanzer

Here’s pictures of what we did, we used black abs pipe with abs pipe cement

Attachments

• IMG_7560.jpeg
    IMG_7560.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Ajtanzer, unless it’s a trade secret, how did you tie the tanks together, so I don’t “reinvent the wheel”?
Thanks
Ray
I have a 2021 Torque T285 and yes it has two grey tanks and 1 black. Kitchen sink and Shower are on the same tank and the bathroom sink on another. Stupid stupid design. Almost everytime we go camping and after about 4 showers the water backs up in the shower and the kitchen sink. Im going to remove the weather shield underneath the trailer this fall or come spring and see if i can either gravity feed the two tanks or install a small pump to transfer from one to the other. Im hoping i can gravity feed them somehow within the underbelly. This is one of the many ridiculous design flaws with this trailer and not to mention the numerous problems we have had with the slide out, generator, fridge, rear beds, etc.

ajtanzer

My husband got rid of the tank valve that was just for the bathroom sink and used another piece of pvc to connect to the black/aux dump valve and now the two tanks balance off of themselves so now I have a 60
Gallon grey tank, it’s awesome

Attachments

• IMG_0130.png
    IMG_0130.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 9